Donkey Kong Cupcakes
Chocolate and banana! That’s the flavour combo these cupcakes celebrate!
Banana flavoured vanilla cupcakes with chocolate frosting covered in banana flavoured sprinkles.
Donkey Kong Cupcakes
- 3 1/2 cups plain flour all-purpose
- 1 1/4 cups caster sugar superfine
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups full-cream milk whole
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt or sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract vanilla bean paste
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp powdered cloves
- 1 tsp powdered ginger
- 2 ripe bananas sliced
- banana candy sprinkles
- 1 batch chocolate cream cheese frosting
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 160C (320F) or 180C (356F) for a conventional oven. Line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the flour, baking powder, caster sugar, cinnamon, cloves and all ginger and salt. Turn mixer on low speed and allow it to mix for a couple minutes to help everything combine well (alternatively you may do this by sifting the ingredients together). Add the softened butter and let it mix until it resembles a fine sand like texture. Next add banana and mix for 30 seconds. If you don’t want small chunks of banana in your cake, puree the banana in a separate bowl using a fork before you add it to the batter.
- Next, add milk, eggs, yogurt, oil and vanilla extract in a large jug and whisk well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients in a slow and steady stream until no dry ingredients are visible. Scrape down the bowl and mix for another 20 seconds.
- Fill each cupcake liner 3/4 of the way (using an ice cream scoop to transfer the batter into the cupcake liners makes this a quick and easy process otherwise you can use two tablespoons).
- Bake for 20-25 min or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow them to cool completely on a wire cooling rack before frosting.
- Fit the end of a piping bag with a Wilton 6B piping tip and frost in a swirl. Add banana sprinkles on top.
Cupcakes can be stored in an airtight container for up to three days.
Calories : 188kcal
Saturated Fat: 8g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g
Monounsaturated Fat : 0.1g
Trans Fat : 0.1g
Potassium : 73mg
Sugar : 2g
Vitamin A: 176IU
Vitamin C: 1mg
Iron: 1mgNutrition Disclosure