Freakum Dress Cupcakes
Freakum Dress Cupcakes! Get your freakum dress on with these honey flavoured happy yellow cupcakes!
Freakum Dress Cupcakes
bright golden yellow honey flavoured vanilla cupcakes
- 3 1/2 cups (430 g) plain flour all-purpose
- 1 1/4 cups (265 g) caster sugar superfine
- 3 tsp (3 tsp) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (1/2 tsp) fine salt
- 1/2 cup (125 g) unsalted butter softened
- 2 large (2 large) eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) full-cream milk whole
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (2 tbsp) Greek yoghurt or sour cream
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) vanilla extract vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) honey + Extra 200ml to fill cupcakes
- 3 drops (3 drops) yellow food gel
- gold mist spray Wilton
- 1 batch (1 batch) buttercream frosting
- 1/2 cup (100 ml) honey
- 3 drops (3 drops) yellow food dye
Learn How To Make it! [VIDEO]
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 160C (320F) or 180C (356F) for a conventional oven. Line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the flour, baking powder, caster sugar and salt. Turn mixer on low speed and allow it to mix for a couple minutes to help everything combine well (alternatively you may do this by sifting the ingredients together). Add the softened butter and let it mix until it resembles a fine sand like texture.
- Next, add milk, eggs, yogurt, oil and vanilla extract in a large jug and whisk well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients in a slow and steady stream until no dry ingredients are visible then add yellow food dye. Scrape down the bowl and mix for another 20 seconds.
- Fill each cupcake liner 3/4 of the way (using an ice cream scoop to transfer the batter into the cupcake liners makes this a quick and easy process otherwise you can use two tablespoons).
- Bake for 20-25 min or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow them to cool completely on a wire cooling rack before frosting.
- To prepare frosting: Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside. combine food dye and honey with frosting. Fit the end of a piping bag with a Wilton 1M tip and frost in a swirl on the baking tray. Freeze for 1 hour. Then spray with gold mist and let them dry for 30 min in the fridge.
- To finish cupcakes, core the centre of each one and fill with honey. Frost three little dabs of frosting on the cake before you carefully place the cold swirl on top.
Cupcakes can be stored in an airtight container for up to three days.
Calories : 192kcal
Saturated Fat: 8g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g
Monounsaturated Fat : 0.1g
Trans Fat : 0.1g
Potassium : 33mg
Sugar : 4g
Vitamin A: 169IU
Vitamin C: 0.1mg
Iron: 1mgNutrition Disclosure
Gave this recipe a go?Mention @thescranline or tag #thescranline!