Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Carrot Cake Cupcakes! I’ve been asked for this recipe so many times. It’s was one of the most requested cupcake recipes when my new website was being built. Not oily at all, full of flavour and perfectly paired with my cream cheese frosting! Give it a go!
Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Carrot cake cupcakes with cream cheese frosting
- 1 cup (160 g) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (160 g) sugar
- 1 tsp (1 tbsp) cinnamon
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (1/2 tsp) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1/4 tsp) salt
- 1 1/2 cups (300 g) grated carrots
- 2/3 cup (165 ml) oil
- 2 large (2 large) eggs
- 1 cup (117 g) chopped walnuts extra for decorating
- 1 batch (1 batch) of cream cheese frosting
Learn How To Make it! [VIDEO]
- Preheat the oven to 160C (320F) degrees.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk the eggs and oil together.
- Slowly add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Let them mix for a minute or two until there are no dry ingredients showing. Stop the mixer, scrape down the bowl and add the cinnamon and walnuts. Mix until just combined, Stop the mixer and scrape down. Add the grated carrot until it’s mixed evenly. The batter will thin out and this is normal so don’t panic haha.
- Scoop the batter into the cupcake tin lined with cupcake liners. Fill ½ way. It’s important to not over fill these as they have a lot of raising agents in them (bicarb soda and baking powder) and will explode in your oven!
- Bake them for 20-30 min or until a skewer comes out clean. Set them aside on a cooling rack to cool completely before frosting
- Line a piping bag with a Wilton 6B French Star Tip and fill with cream cheese frosting. Pipe in a swirl starting in the centre of the cupcake. To finish off sprinkle some cinnamon on top and some walnuts.
Cupcakes can be stored in an airtight container for up to three days.
Calories : 274kcal
Saturated Fat: 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g
Monounsaturated Fat : 0.1g
Trans Fat : 0.1g
Potassium : 66mg
Sugar : 13g
Vitamin A: 45IU
Vitamin C: 1mg
Iron: 1mgNutrition Disclosure
Gave this recipe a go?Mention @thescranline or tag #thescranline!