Me & My Philosophy
These are the things I believe in when it comes to food and what you can expect from me and TheScranLine.com.
1. My aim is to motivate and inspire others to get in their kitchens and have fun cooking and learning about cooking. I want everyone who visits my website to cook with their friends, their family or try new things with their kids and teach them about good, home cooked meals. I do this by updating this website with delicious recipes every week and giving you tips on how to cook, all of which I share via this website.
2. I believe strongly that all foods should be eaten in moderation as part of a healthy balanced diet.
3. After a long journey with food, both good and bad, I’ve discovered that variety is key in everyone’s diet and that there is actually no such thing as bad food. But on this site, I will always do my absolute best to show you how much better home cooked meals are compared to take away, which I eat very rarely. I’d just prefer to cook!
4. I believe very strongly that we should all lead a healthy lifestyle. Being active and enjoying food is important to being a happy functioning human. Staying up late worrying about what you ate that day, or if you’ve exercised enough is easy to avoid by just having a balanced routine of eating and exercise or movement. I achieve it by working out most weekdays and enjoying healthy portions of food rather than large portions of leafy salads. Carbs are our friends, not our enemy!
5. This website, TheScranLine.com, is a reflection of who I am professionally and personally, and I want everyone who visits to feel confident that I will only share the recipes and products that I truly believe in.
6. TheScranLine.com is my passion and my job. Without you, my loyal site visitors, this website would not be able to survive. I love my job, I truly appreciate every single person who visits, tries my recipes, rates my recipes and shares them and to everyone who comments. You guys keep me going.