Banana Hammock Freakshake Cupcakes
Sometimes I’ll just create a cupcake I think is going to taste amazing and have no idea what to call it, so I ask you guys to name it. Here’s the result lol In this case it’s a gorgeous chocolate banana cupcake!
Banana Hammock Cupcakes
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups caster sugar superfine
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk full-cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt or sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract vanilla bean paste
- 4 drops yellow food gel
- 1 ripe banana mashed
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 batches chocolate flavoured Swiss meringue buttercream frosting
- 1 cup chocolate sauce
- 1 cup banana sprinkles
- x12 banana candy balls
- x12 yellow and white striped paper straws
Cupcakes & Donuts
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 140°C (275°F) or a conventional oven to 160°C (320°F). Begin by lining a cupcake tin with the cupcake liners. Spray a doughnut tin with oil and use a paper towel to wipe away any excess. Set aside.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt to a large mixing bowl and mix with a hand mixer until well combined.
- Next, add the softened butter and mix on low speed until the mixture reaches a crumbly, sand-like texture.
- Add the eggs, milk, oil, mashed banana, yellow food gel and vanilla, and mix on low speed until all the dry ingredients are incorporated. Scrape down the side of the bowl, add the choc chips and fold in.
- Transfer some batter to a piping bag. Snip off the corner of the piping bag, ensuring that the hole is big enough to allow the chocolate chips and batter through.
- Pipe the batter into the doughnut baking tin, filling the moulds half way. Give the tin a gentle tap to help any air bubbles at the bottom rise to the top.
- Fill each liner three-quarters of the way. Using an ice-cream scoop to transfer the batter to the cupcake liners makes this a quick and easy process, and ensures each liner contains exactly the same amount of batter and that the cupcakes will bake evenly. Bake for 40–50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a cupcake comes out clean. Allow the cupcakes to cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
- Core the centre of each cupcake and fill with chocolate sauce.
- Fit the end of a piping bag with a large round tip and frost a double donut swirl on each cupcake. Drizzle with chocolate sauce. Add banana sprinkles around the frosting. Add the donut on top. Drizzle the donut with chocolate sauce. Add the banana ball candy in front of it and finish with two straws in the frosting to complete the milkshake look.
Cupcakes can be stored in an airtight container for up to three days.
Calories : 286kcal
Saturated Fat: 10g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g
Monounsaturated Fat : 0.1g
Trans Fat : 0.1g
Potassium : 98mg
Sugar : 12g
Vitamin A: 219IU
Vitamin C: 1mg
Iron: 1mgNutrition Disclosure