Caramel Popcorn Cupcakes
Pop! These cupcakes are the perfect caramel tret to eat while you watch your favourite movie this weekend! And they’re super fun to make too!
Caramel Popcorn Cupcakes
Caramel flavoured and filled vanilla cupcakes with caramel popcorn on top
- 3 1/2 cups (430 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups (265 g) caster sugar superfine
- 3 tsp (3 tsp) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (1/2 tsp) fine salt
- 1/2 cup (125 g) unsalted butter softened
- 2 large (2 large) eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) whole milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (2 tbsp) Greek yoghurt or sour cream
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) vanilla extract vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup (250 ml) Butterscotch Sauce
- 3/4 cup (250 g) creamed corn
- Caramel Popcorn
- 1 (1 ) Batch Fluffy Buttercream frosting
Learn How To Make it! [VIDEO]
- Preheat oven to 180C
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the dry ingredients and mix them on low speed. Meanwhile mix all the wet ingredients together. Yogurt, eggs, creamed corn, milk, oil and vanilla.
- Next add your softened butter all at once until the batter appears grainy with a sand-like texture to it. Lastly, add the wet ingredients in a slow and steady stream. Once its mixed, stop the mixer and scrape down the bowl.
- Scoop your batter into your prepared cupcake tin lined with cupcake papers. Fill them ¾ of the way. Bake for 20-25 min or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out with moist crumbs.
- Once they’ve completely cooled down use a knife or apple corer to create a hole in the centre. Then fill them up with butterscotch sauce.
- To Frost: I used a plain tip nozzle, and piped them with buttercream frosting. Then I finished them off with another drizzle of butterscotch sauce and topped them with a cluster of my caramel popcorn.
Cupcakes can be stored in an airtight container for up to three days.
Calories : 195kcal
Saturated Fat: 8g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g
Monounsaturated Fat : 0.1g
Trans Fat : 0.1g
Potassium : 67mg
Sugar : 1g
Vitamin A: 206IU
Vitamin C: 1mg
Iron: 1mgNutrition Disclosure
Gave this recipe a go?Mention @thescranline or tag #thescranline!
So these are probably the best cupcakes I’ve ever made or eaten. By a lot. Making all the components is a pain but WOW are they worth the work! I will absolutely make them again – I don’t think I’ll have any choice in the matter, given how much my friends loved them! Yield is 24 cupcakes (I also got 6 minis out of the batter).
That’s so amazing to hear Lynz! Would you prefer to see simpler recipes on here? Nx