Caramel Vanilla Esspresso Cupcakes
I first tried this drink on a date… Note to everyone, do not drink on a first date. You’ll end up talking about how you watched your grandma die. True story… anyway, if you’re a fan of strong coffee with an extra bite then these cupcakes are for you!!! God my life is tragic…
Caramel Vanilla Espresso Martini Cupcakes
Cocktail inspired cupcakes with Kahlua and coffee. Drizzle with salted caramel sauce.
- 3 1/2 cups (430 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups (265 g) caster sugar superfine
- 3 tsp (3 tsp) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (1/2 tsp) fine salt
- 1/2 cup (125 g) unsalted butter softened
- 2 large (2 large) eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) whole milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (2 tbsp) Greek yoghurt or sour cream
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) vanilla extract vanilla bean paste
- 5 tbsp (5 tbsp) Kahlua
- 3/4 cup (200 ml) Salted caramel sauce
- coffee beans to decorate x2 on each cupcake
- 1 batch (1 batch ) of fluffy vanilla buttercream frosting
- 5 tbsp (5 tbsp) kalua
Vodka Chocolate sauce
- 1 1/4 cups (300 ml) Chocolate sauce
- 3 tbsp (3 tbsp) vodka
Learn How To Make it! [VIDEO]
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 160C (320F) or 180C (356F) for a conventional oven. Line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the flour, baking powder, caster sugar and salt. Turn mixer on low speed and allow it to mix for a couple minutes to help everything combine well (alternatively you may do this by sifting the ingredients together). Add the softened butter and let it mix until it resembles a fine sand like texture.
- Next, add milk, eggs, yogurt, oil and vanilla extract in a large jug and whisk well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients in a slow and steady stream until no dry ingredients are visible. Scrape down the bowl and mix for another 20 seconds.
- Fill each cupcake liner 3/4 of the way (using an ice cream scoop to transfer the batter into the cupcake liners makes this a quick and easy process otherwise you can use two tablespoons).
- Bake for 20-25 min or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow them to cool completely on a wire cooling rack before frosting.
- To prepare vodka choc sauce combine vodka and choc sauce together.
- To prepare frosting, combine buttercream and kalua together.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled down dip the very top in kalua. Let it drip off as much as you can. Core the centre of each cupcake and fill with vodka chocolate sauce.
- Fit the end of a piping bag with a Wilton 1M piping tip and frost in a swirl. Finish with a drizzle of salted caramel sauce and two little coffee beans.
Cupcakes can be stored in an airtight container for up to three days.
Calories : 258kcal
Saturated Fat: 9g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g
Monounsaturated Fat : 0.1g
Trans Fat : 0.1g
Potassium : 97mg
Sugar : 8g
Vitamin A: 198IU
Vitamin C: 0.1mg
Iron: 1mgNutrition Disclosure
Gave this recipe a go?Mention @thescranline or tag #thescranline!
where is the recipe for the salted caramel sauce???
Hi Kai! Sorry about the missing recipe. Recipes are being uploaded as quickly as I can get them up! N x
Hi, your video doesn’t match your ingredient list. I really want to make the cupcakes from your video for my fiance’s birthday on Friday but not sure on the amounts
Hi Alex. As I’ve re-uploaded the recipes on the new site, I’ve had to make some adjustment and updates to the recipes themselves. Is there anything in particular I can help with? N x
I’m a fairly confident baker and after following this recipe to the letter I wanna say that I’m not happy, the flour to sugar ratio weighs heavily on the flour side of things and the resultant mixture is bland.
Thanks for taking the time to write this. Can’t please everyone I guess! N x