No-Bake Hot Chocolate Cheesecake
This easy to make no-bake chocolate lovers cheesecake isn’t just super easy to make in a jiffy, but it looks just like a giant cup of hot cocoa! Perfect for celebrating the holiday period!
Nicks favourite thing…
I love how cute this cheesecake is! And chocolate is one of my favourite flavours for dessert. This cheesecake pays homage to the nostalgic foods of Christmas. This is all of course despite the fact that it’s summer in Australia during the holiday period and we tend to go or frozen desserts. None the less, the nostalgia factor is real.
What does it taste like?
Chocolate, cream and peppermint with yummy marshmallows! Soft, silky smooth cheesecake mind you! And that crust is so yummy and not too sweet!
What are the ingredients I need?
Oreos – I used whole oreos in this recipe.
Butter – I used unsalted butter which I melted and allowed to slightly cool before using.
Gelatin – I know a lot of you will be wondering if you can substitute the gelatine for agar agar. The answer is, I’m not sure. I never tested the recipe with agar agar, although I am sure there are loads of recourses online that can be found with a simple google search that will show you how to replace gelatine. Just keep in mind the texture will be different.
Philadelphia cream cheese – Make sure it’s softened before using otherwise your mixture will not be smooth.
Heavy cream – I used chilled cream with at least 35% fat content.
Vanilla Extract – Always use good quality vanilla extract when baking, it makes a huge difference. I have a great recipe here for it if you’d like to try your own!
Dark chocolate. -I used nestle cooking chocolate.
Mini white marshmallows – I bought mine from the supermarket in the baking isle.
Cocoa powder – I used unsweetened cocoa powder.
Candy canes – I used mini ones but regular sized will work too.
My Top Tips!
This cheesecake can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the fridge.
The cream will eventually melt after a couple hours on this cheesecake so decorate the top no more than two hours before serving to be on the safe side.
I know a lot of you will be wondering if you can substitute the gelatine for agar agar. The answer is, I’m not sure. I never tested the recipe with agar agar, although I am sure there are loads of recourses online that can be found with a simple google search that will show you how to replace gelatine. Just keep in mind the texture will be different.
Other Recipes You Might Like!
- Amazing No-Bake Cookie Butter Cheesecake
- Colourful No-Bake Rainbow Cheesecake
- Beautiful No-Bake Pumpkin Ombre Cheesecake
- No-Bake Mocha Ice-Box Cake
Instagram @thescranline, Facebook and watch and subscribe to my videos on YouTube!
I hope you guys enjoyed this simple but delicious recipe with me. Please comment in the comments section below, or feel free to share with your family and friends on social media.
I’ll see you all on the following recipe. Happy baking!
No-Bake Hot Chocolate Cheesecake
- 2 cups (400 g) oreos, crushed
- 3/4 cup (175 g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp powdered gelatin + 4 tbsp cold water
- 2 cups (500 g) cream cheese, softened
- 2 1/2 cups (625 ml) heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups (400 g) dark chocolate, melted
- 3 cups (300 g) mini marshmallows
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 8 mini candy canes
Learn How To Make it! [VIDEO]
- Add the Oreos into the bowl of a food processor and blitz until you reach fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and blitz until the crumbs are coated.
- Pour the wet crumbs into a 9-inch springform pan and use the back of a spoon to press firmly into the sides and bottom of the tin. Chill for1 hour.
- Add the powdered gelatin and cold water to a small mixing bowl. Use a fork to mix until well combined. Set aside to set. Microwave for 30seconds right before you add to the cheesecake mixture.
- Add the cream cheese, cream and vanilla extract to the bowl of a food processor and blitz on high speed until smooth. Scrape down the bowl using a spatula before you add the melted chocolate. Mix until well combined.Add the melted gelatin and mix for a final time.
- Pour the mixture into the chilled cake tin and chill for another 2 hours.
- To finish the cheesecake, add 200g of the marshmallows into a large microwave safe bowl along with the water and microwave for 40 seconds.Use a spatula to mix until well combined.
My first attempt at a cheesecake. So easy, so delicious. My family are so impressed.
Yay! So glad to hear that! N x