It’s really hard to find a good sugar cookie recipe that both tastes delicious but also just has that magical snap when you take a bite. My sugar cookie is both of those things and they’re perfect for decorating with royal icing.
Crispy vanilla cookies used for decorating with royal icing.
- 1 cup (120 g) unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/4 cups (230 g) granulated sugar caster
- 1 (1) large egg
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 2 cups (380 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (1/2 tsp) salt
- 2 tbs (2 tbs) milk
- Add cream, butter and sugar to a large bowl. Use an electric hand mixer to whip until light and fluffy. Add egg and mix until well combined.
- Sift in the flour and salt and use a spatula to mix together until a dough forms. Split the dough into two portion and wrap in plastic. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/ 356°F.
- Place a large piece of baking paper on your workbench. Add one half of the dough to it. Place another large piece of baking paper on top and use a rolling pin to roll out to ½ cm (.2 inches). Cut out cookies using desired cookie cutter shape. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper about 5cm (2 inches) apart.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes or until edges are lightly golden. Allow to cool before serving or decorating.
- These cookies can be kept in an airtight container for up to 7 days. Decorated or not decorated.
Cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Calories : 128kcal
Saturated Fat: 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g
Monounsaturated Fat : 0.1g
Trans Fat : 0.1g
Potassium : 18mg
Sugar : 1g
Vitamin A: 284IU
Vitamin C: 0.1mg
Iron: 1mgNutrition Disclosure
Gave this recipe a go?Mention @thescranline or tag #thescranline!