Vegan Vanilla Cupcakes
It’s really hard to find an easy to make but really really good vegan vanilla cupcake recipe. Lucky for you, I’ve got it! These vegan vanilla cupcakes are moist, fluffy and really tasty!
Vegan Vanilla Cupcakes
Moist and easy to make vegan (plantbased/egg free) vanilla cupcakes with vegan buttercream.
- 2 cup (500 ml) non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 cups (425 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (210 g) granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp (1 1/2 tsp) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (1/2 tsp) bicarb soda
- 1/4 tsp (1/4 tsp) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (1/2 cup) rainbow sprinkles
- 1 batch (1 batch) chocolate-flavoured vegan buttercream frosting
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 140°C /280°F or 160°C / 320°F for a conventional oven. Line a cupcake tin with white cupcake liners.
- Add the milk and vinegar into a mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Allow to sit for 5 minutes. The milk will curdle. That’s completely normal. It will make the cupcakes moist and no you won’t taste the vinegar at all!
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder and bicarb soda into a large mixing bowl. Use an electric hand mixer to mix on low speed until well combined.
- Next, add the milk mixture, oil and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients. Mix on low speed until well combined. Scrape down the bowl and mix for a final 20 seconds.
- Add the sprinkles to the batter and gently fold through using a spatula. Depending on the brand of sprinkles you used, the colours may bleed. You’ll need to work quickly to stop the batter from turning grey.
- Fill each liner ½ way. Using an ice cream scoop to transfer the batter into the cupcake liners makes this a quick and easy process and ensures everything is filled the same amount and bakes at the same. Bake for 40-50 min or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. I bake my cupcakes on a slow, low temperature. This ensures they don’t colour and crack on top. Allow the cupcakes to cool completely on a wire cooling rack before frosting.
- These cupcakes are perfectly paired with my vanilla or chocolate flavoured vegan buttercream frosting. Fit the end of a piping bag with whichever piping tip you like and frost a swirl on top. Sprinkle with sprinkles!
Cupcakes can be stored in an airtight container for up three days.
Calories : 166kcal
Saturated Fat: 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g
Monounsaturated Fat : 0.1g
Trans Fat : 0.1g
Potassium : 33mg
Sugar : 14g
Vitamin A: 46IU
Vitamin C: 1mg
Iron: 1mgNutrition Disclosure