Anzac Day Cookie Cupcakes
Move over cookies and cream, your Aussie cousin is in town! This honey oat chewy cookie cupcake will impress everyone!
Anzac Day Cookie Cupcakes
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups caster sugar superfine
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk full-cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt or sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract vanilla bean paste
- 200 ml honey
- 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 200 g quick oats cut up rolled oats
- 400 g melted milk chocolate
- 1 batch fluffy vanilla buttercream frosting
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup caster sugar superfine
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup golden syrup honey
- 125 g unsalted butter
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of baking soda
- 2 tbsp hot water
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Place the oats, flour, sugar and coconut in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Place the golden syrup and butter in a saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring, until melted. Combine the bicarbonate of soda with the water and add to the butter mixture. Pour into the oat mixture and mix well to combine.
- Place tablespoonfuls of the mixture onto baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper and flatten to 7cm rounds, allowing room to spread. Bake for 8–10 minutes or until deep golden.
- Allow to cool on baking trays for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
- To finish off cookies, dip ¼ of it in melted milk chocolate. Allow it to drip a little down the cookie and sprinkle with some quick oats.
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 160C (320F) or 180C (356F) for a conventional oven. Line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the flour, baking powder, caster sugar, rolled oats and salt. Turn mixer on low speed and allow it to mix for a couple minutes to help everything combine well (alternatively you may do this by sifting the ingredients together). Add the softened butter and let it mix until it resembles a fine sand like texture.
- Next, add milk, eggs, yogurt, honey, oil and vanilla extract in a large jug and whisk well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients in a slow and steady stream until no dry ingredients are visible. Scrape down the bowl and mix for another 20 seconds.
- Fill each cupcake liner 3/4 of the way (using an ice cream scoop to transfer the batter into the cupcake liners makes this a quick and easy process otherwise you can use two tablespoons).
- Bake for 20-25 min or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow them to cool completely on a wire cooling rack before frosting.
- To prepare frosting combine frosting and honey together.
- Fit the end of a piping bag with a Wilton 6B tip and frost cupcakes in a double donut swirl as demonstrated in video. Place cookie on top and finish off cupcakes with a sprinkle of quick oats.
Cupcakes can be stored in an airtight container for up to three days.
Calories : 407kcal
Saturated Fat: 13g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g
Monounsaturated Fat : 0.1g
Trans Fat : 0.1g
Potassium : 156mg
Sugar : 16g
Vitamin A: 355IU
Vitamin C: 1mg
Iron: 3mgNutrition Disclosure