Chai White Chocolate Cupcakes
Chai White Chocolate Cupcakes! I’d never had chai tea before I tried these cupcakes and now, I see why people love it so much! It’s basically all the flavours of winter and Fall in a cup! In this case, a cupcake!
Chai White Chocolate Cupcakes
Chai spiced cupcakes with buttercream frosting.
- 3 1/2 cups (430 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups (265 g) caster sugar superfine
- 3 tsp (3 tsp) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (1/2 tsp) fine salt
- 1/2 cup (113.5 g) unsalted butter softened
- 2 large (2 large) eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) whole milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (2 tbsp) Greek yoghurt or sour cream
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) vanilla extract vanilla bean paste
- 1 tbsp (1 tbsp) cinnamon for frosting
- 1 (1) cinnamon stick
- 6 (6) cloves
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) black peppercorns
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) cardamom pods
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) fennel seeds
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) fresh or dry ginger
- 2 (2) Star Anise
- 1/4 cup (100 g) white chocolate flakes
- 1 batch (1 batch) American buttercream frosting or Swiss meringue buttercream frosting.
Learn How To Make it! [VIDEO]
- Start off my infusing your milk with cinnamon, cloves, star anise, peppercorns, cardamom pods, fennel seeds and ginger slices. Place the milk in a medium sized saucepan and add the spices, then bring to a boil on a low heat. Once the milk begins to froth up and boil take it off the stove immediately and set it aside to infuse for 10 min, then strain using a strainer and let it cool down (warm is ok) while you prepare the batter.
- Preheat your oven to 180C (356F) or 160C (320F) for a fan forced oven
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the dry ingredients. Turn mixer on low and allow it to mix for a couple minutes. Add the softened butter and let it mix until it resembles a fine sand like texture.
- Next combine all milk, eggs, yogurt, oil and vanilla extract in a large jug and whisk well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients in a slow and steady stream until no dry ingredients are visible. Scrape down the bowl and mix for another 20 seconds.
- Fill each paper 3/4 of the way (using an ice cream scoop to transfer the batter into the cupcake liners makes this a quick and easy process otherwise you can use two tablespoons). Bake for 20-25 min or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow them to cool completely on a cooling rack before frosting.
- While your cupcakes are baking, and cooling prepare your frosting by adding cinnamon to it and mixing it in well until it’s flavoured evenly. Finish off with a sprinkle of white chocolate flakes
To make your own chocolate flakes: Drizzle melted chocolate on to a large sheet of baking paper using a fork or spoon and let it set for 5-10 min in the fridge before you break it up into little pieces. Cupcakes can be stored in an airtight container for up to three days.
Calories : 191kcal
Saturated Fat: 8g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g
Monounsaturated Fat : 0.1g
Trans Fat : 0.1g
Potassium : 57mg
Sugar : 1g
Vitamin A: 198IU
Vitamin C: 0.1mg
Iron: 1mgNutrition Disclosure