Cookies And Cream Cupcakes
If you’re a fan of Oreos, then let me tell you something, this is the cupcake for you! It’s just so packed full Oreos, you may as well be eating them plain. Surprisingly though, they taste just as good, if not better in cupcake form!
Cookies and cream vanilla cupcakes, filled with chocolate sauce, topped with cookies and cream buttercream, drizzle with chocolate sauce and topped with an Oreo.
- 3 1/2 cups plain flour all-purpose
- 1 1/4 cups caster sugar superfine
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups full-cream milk whole
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract vanilla bean paste
- 16 - 20 Oreo cookies
- A batch of my chocolate sauce
- 1 batch American buttercream frosting
- 2 cups of finely crushed up Oreo cookies
- 16 - 20 Oreo cookies
- A splash of milk
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 140°C (275°F) or a conventional oven to 160°C (320°F). Line two cupcake tins with the cupcake liners.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt to a large mixing bowl and mix with a hand mixer until well combined.
- Next, add the softened butter and mix on low speed until the mixture reaches a crumbly, sand-like texture.
- Add the eggs, milk, oil, yoghurt and vanilla, and mix on low speed until all the dry ingredients are incorporated. Scrape down the side of the bowl and mix for a final 20 seconds. Add 1 cup of Oreo cookies to your batter and gently fold in using a spatula, making sure it’s mixed in well.
- Fill each liner three-quarters of the way. Using an ice-cream scoop to transfer the batter to the cupcake liners makes this a quick and easy process, and ensures each liner contains exactly the same amount of batter and that the cupcakes will bake evenly. Bake for 40–50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a cupcake comes out clean. Allow the cupcakes to cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
- While your cupcakes are baking add 1 cup of crushed Oreo cookies to your fluffy buttercream frosting and mix well.
- Core the centre of each cupcake and fill with chocolate sauce.
- Fit the end of a piping bag with a large round tip and frost a double donut swirl of frosting on top of each cupcake. Drizzle on some chocolate sauce and pop your Oreo cookie on top.