Albino Aligator Cupcakes
Albino Aligator Cupcakes! Yet another Beyoncé inspired cupcake. I got the ideas for these gorgeous snow white cupcakes from a lyric in one of her songs! You know what though? Wouldn’t these be a gorgeous wedding cupcake?
Albino Alligator Cupcakes
Snow white cupcakes with pure white frosting.
- 3 1/2 cups (430 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups (265 g) caster sugar superfine
- 3 tsp (3 tsp) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (1/2 tsp) fine salt
- 1/2 cup (125 g) unsalted butter softened
- 2 large (2 large) eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) full-cream whole milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (2 tbsp) Greek yoghurt or sour cream
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) vanilla extract vanilla bean paste
- 4 drops (4 drops ) Americolor white food gel. OPTIONAL
- 1 batch (1 batch) fluffy White choc ganache frosting
- 4 drops (4 drops) Americolor white food gel. OPTIONAL
White Chocolate sauce
- 2 cups (400 g) good quality white chocolate
- 1/4 cup (50 g) butter
- 1/4 cup (50 g) brown sugar white sugar if you want a white choc sauce
- 1 cup (250 ml) cream
- 4 drops (4 drops) Americolor white food gel. OPTIONAL, but you probs wanna add it lol
Learn How To Make it! [VIDEO]
White Chocolate Sauce
- Add all ingredients to a large microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 min at a time, mixing each time until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and chill. Microwave for 30 seconds right before using.
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 130C (266F). Line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the flour, baking powder, caster sugar and salt. Turn mixer on low speed and allow it to mix for a couple minutes to help everything combine well (alternatively you may do this by sifting the ingredients together). Add the softened butter and let it mix until it resembles a fine sand like texture.
- Next, add milk, eggs, yogurt, oil and vanilla extract in a large jug and whisk well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients in a slow and steady stream until no dry ingredients are visible. Scrape down the bowl. It’s at this point that you can add the and mix for another 20 seconds.
- Fill each cupcake liner 3/4 of the way (using an ice cream scoop to transfer the batter into the cupcake liners makes this a quick and easy process otherwise you can use two tablespoons).
- Bake for 30 min or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow them to cool completely on a wire cooling rack before frosting.
- Core the centre of each cupcake and fill with choc sauce.
- Fit the end of a piping bag with a Wilton 1M tip. Frost in a swirl.
Cupcakes can be stored in an airtight container for up to three days.
Calories : 247kcal
Saturated Fat: 12g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g
Monounsaturated Fat : 0.1g
Trans Fat : 0.1g
Potassium : 43mg
Sugar : 3g
Vitamin A: 415IU
Vitamin C: 1mg
Iron: 1mgNutrition Disclosure