Bubblegum Fairy Floss Cupcakes
Bubblegum Fairy Floss Cupcakes! So freaking cute guys! These beautiful little fairy floss or cotton candy cupcakes use something called Persian fairy floss that doesn’t melt as easy. And the flavours are so fun! Perfect way to celebrate something special.
Bubblegum Fairy Floss Cupcakes
Colourful bubble-gum flavoured vanilla cupcakes with Persian fairy floss and white chocolate drip.
- 3 1/2 cups (430 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups (265 g) caster sugar superfine
- 3 tsp (3 tsp) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (1/2 tsp) fine salt
- 1/2 cup (125 g) unsalted butter softened
- 2 (2) large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) whole milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (2 tbsp) Greek yoghurt or sour cream
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) vanilla extract vanilla bean paste
- A few drops of bubble-gum flavouring for cake batter and frosting
- Pink food dye gel
- Blue food dye gel
- 300 g (300 g) Regular fairy floss
- 200 g (200 g) Persian fairy floss optional
- 1 1/2 cups (300 g) white chocolate melts
- 1/2 cup (150 ml) thickened cream
- 1 (1) batch of vanilla buttercream frosting
Learn How To Make it! [VIDEO]
- Heat oven to 160C (320F). Line cupcake tin with paper cupcake cases.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the dry ingredients. Turn mixer on low and allow it to mix for a couple minutes. Add the softened butter and let it mix until it resembles a fine sand like texture.
- Next combine all milk, eggs, yogurt, oil and vanilla extract in a large jug and whisk well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients in a slow and steady stream until no dry ingredients are visible. Scrape down the bowl and mix for another 20 seconds.
- Add a 1-2 drops of pink food dye and 2-3 drops of bubble-gum flavouring (taste to see if the flavour is strong enough before adding any more) fold in gently.
- Fill each paper 3/4 of the way. Bake for 20-25 min or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- To prepare ganache, add white chocolate and cream into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 20 seconds at a time, mixing each time until it’s smooth.
- To prepare frosting, add a couple drops of blue food dye to buttercream frosting and a couple drops of bubblegum essence (taste to see if it’s strong enough) Ensure everything is mixed well.
- To pipe your cupcakes use a round tip. Start in the centre of the cupcake, pipe a donut shape, aiming to have a hole in the centre of your frosting, repeat one more time on top of the first layer. You’ll end up with a double donut shape. Drizzle some pink ganache around the top of the cupcake, allowing some to drip off the sides, and finish off with a generous cloud of fairy floss.
Cupcakes can be stored in an airtight container for up to three days. Add the fairy floss shortly before you serve the cupcakes as the fairy floss will melt within 30-60 minutes.
Calories : 181kcal
Saturated Fat: 8g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g
Monounsaturated Fat : 0.1g
Trans Fat : 0.1g
Potassium : 48mg
Sugar : 1g
Vitamin A: 171IU
Vitamin C: 0.1mg
Iron: 1mgNutrition Disclosure
Gave this recipe a go?Mention @thescranline or tag #thescranline!