I recently went to Harry Potter world in LA and it was amazing! These cupcakes were made a very long time before I tried the real thing, but these are very close to the real thing! I can’t describe the flavour, they’re just delicious!
- 250 g brown sugar
- 250 ml thickened cream
- 250 g unsalted butter
- 1 batch fluffy vanilla buttercream frosting
- 4 tbsp butterscotch sauce or 2 tsp butterscotch essence
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 160C (320F) or 180C (356F) for a conventional oven. Line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the flour, baking powder, brown sugar and salt. Turn mixer on low speed and allow it to mix for a couple minutes to help everything combine well (alternatively you may do this by sifting the ingredients together). Add the softened butter and let it mix until it resembles a fine sand like texture.
- Next, add creaming soda, eggs, yogurt, oil and vanilla extract in a large jug and whisk well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients in a slow and steady stream until no dry ingredients are visible. Scrape down the bowl and mix for another 20 seconds.
- Fill each cupcake liner 3/4 of the way (using an ice cream scoop to transfer the batter into the cupcake liners makes this a quick and easy process otherwise you can use two tablespoons).
- Bake for 20-25 min or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow them to cool completely on a wire cooling rack before frosting.
- Core the centre of each cupcake and fill with butterscotch sauce.
- Add butterscotch sauce to buttercream frosting and mix until well combined. Fit the end of a piping bag with a Wilton 6B tip and frost in a swirl. Drizzle with salted caramel or butterscotch. Fit the end of a piping bag with a Wilton 1M tip and frost a swirl on top of that. If your sauce is warm you may need to wait for it to cool before piping the second swirl of frosting.
Cupcakes can be stored in an airtight container for up to three days.
Calories : 318kcal
Saturated Fat: 14g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g
Monounsaturated Fat : 0.1g
Trans Fat : 0.1g
Potassium : 67mg
Sugar : 13g
Vitamin A: 484IU
Vitamin C: 0.1mg
Iron: 1mgNutrition Disclosure