Creamy Chicken Alfredo Pasta
This indulgent Creamy Chicken Alfredo Pasta recipe is easy to put together for a quick weeknight meal or an irresistible date night meal! It’s the perfect combination of tender grilled chicken and velvety alfredo sauce that is super creamy. The result is a mouthwatering pasta you can have from start to finish in 30 minutes!
This recipe is flavorful, from the perfectly seasoned and easy to grill chicken to the deliciously cheesy alfredo sauce. This pasta is versatile, add mushrooms or your favorite veggies for a nutrient boost with extra flavor. Simple but amazing weeknight dinner option of date night indulgence!
Table of Contents
This Chicken Alfredo needs to be your next dinner!
- Juicy grilled chicken! – the combo of simple mix of spices infuses the grilled chicken with mouthwatering flavors! It results in a juicy and mouthwatering chicken. I’ve got an entire blog post on how to grill chicken with all my tips and tricks, click here to grab it!
- Luscious creamy sauce in a flash! – much to my surprise making the sauce for this recipe is done with a few simple ingredients! It comes out cheesy, silky and perfectly rich, thick and indulgent.
- Make it your own! This recipe is versatile. Add your own veggies for a nutrient boost. I think this recipe pairs really well with some sautéed mushrooms.
Ingredients You Need To Make Creamy Chicken Alfredo Pasta
Note: the whole recipe, including the ingredient quantities, can be found at the bottom of this page – just scroll down to the bottom, or click the ‘Jump to Recipe’ button at the top of this post.Jump to Recipe
For more information on this recipe, check out my Grilled Chicken blog post!
- Chicken – I used chicken breast. Buy it from a butcher for the freshest and tastiest chicken. I bought mine skinless and boneless.
- Olive oil – I use extra virgin olive oil because I like the flavor.
- Salt – I used fine salt.
- Italian herb mix – I like using ready-made Italian herb mix because of it’s classic flavor combination.
- Onion powder – Adds a delicious sweetness and flavor!
- Garlic powder – I opt in for garlic powder instead of freshly minced garlic because it tends to burn on a grill.
- Salted Butter – I used salted butter for extra flavor. This is the main ingredient that helps the creamy sauce thicken.
- Garlic – using freshly minced garlic helps add so much flavor!
- Milk – I use a combo of cream and milk to make the sauce creamy but not overly thick.
- Cream – I used thickened cream with 30% fat content. I wouldn’t try using low fat milk, the sauce won’t thicken.
- Parmesan cheese – freshly grated! I cannot emphasize this enough how important that is because freshly grated gives you so much flavor!
- Salt – I used fine salt.
- Pepper – I used white pepper to keep the sauce nice and white.
- Parsley – freshly chopped, adds some visual flair!
How to make the Best Creamy Chicken Alfredo Pasta!
- Marinate your chicken in the fridge for at least 30 minutes
- Drizzle a hot skillet with oil
- Cook chicken on both sides for 6-7 minutes until it reaches an internal temperature of 75C / 165F.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Set aside.
- Add butter to a skillet on medium heat.
- Next, add garlic and sauté. Don’t let it brown.
- Add cream.
- Mix until it comes to a gentle boil
- Pour in grated parmesan cheese
- Stir until melted and the sauce thickens.
- Add the cooked pasta
- Use tongs to coat.
- Sprinkle with parsley
- Finish with Sliced chicken. Serve!
Tips and Tricks For Recipe Success!
For tips and tricks on the Grilled Chicken, visit the blog post I created!
- Use good quality ingredients the best flavor outcome! Good quality butter and chicken from a butcher are two main ones I would recommend.
- Use real cream with at least 30% fat content, not low-fat cream as it helps thicken the sauce.
- Don’t let your garlic color or brown when sautéing to keep your sauce nice and white!
- Make sure your chicken reaches a safe internal temperature of 75C / 165F. You can test this using a meat thermometer.
- Let the chicken rest before slicing.
- Grate fresh parmesan on top right before serving for an extra gourmet touch.
- Serve as soon as it’s done for a silky-smooth alfredo sauce experience. The sauce thickens as it cools.
- Make sure you use a deep sided frypan to make this. Once the pasta goes in, you need a good amount of space to mix everything. Talking from experience.
Frequently Asked Questions about Creamy Chicken Alfredo Pasta
How do I store this?
You can store this in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stove with a little extra milk.
Can I use chicken thigh?
Yes! Use chicken thigh if you want a fuller flavor. Just slice into bite sized pieces before cooking or slice after being cooked.
Can I substitute the parmesan cheese for another cheese?
Yes! You can experiment with other cheeses like Romano or Asiago for variations in taste. Grated cheddar or Gruyère would work too.
What can I serve as a side?
How can I make this recipe gluten free?
To make this recipe gluten free simply use gluten free pasta! All other ingredients should be gluten free but just double check the packaging to make sure.
More yummy pasta recipes!
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me @thescranline on Facebook and Instagram!
Creamy Chicken Alfredo Pasta
- 6 oz (200 g) fettuccini pasta, fresh is best or other pasta, cooked (use package instructions)
- 2 (600 g) boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup (60 g) salted butter
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) whole milk (see notes)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) heavy cream (see notes)
- 1 cup (90 g) parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 tbsp parsley chopped
- Add the chicken breasts to a mixing bowl along with the olive oil, salt, Italian seasoning, onion powder garlic powder. Mix to coat until even.
- Bring a skillet to high medium heat and place the chicken on top. Cook on each side for 7-8 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 74C / 165F. Allow to chicken to rest on a chopping board covered with foil for 5 minutes. Slice. Cover and set aside.
- Turn the heat down to medium and In the same frypan add the salted butter and oil along with the minced garlic. Stir using a wooden spoon taking care not to let the garlic brown, about 1 minute.
- Add the milk, cream and cheese along with the salt and pepper and stir until everything is combined and the cheese has melted.
- Add in the cooked pasta and half the parsley (use packaging instructions to boil). Stir until everything is combined and the pasta is coated. Serve immediately with the sliced chicken breast on top and finish with more parsley and freshly grated parmesan cheese.