Chocolate Coconut And Lime Tart
Nicks favourite thing…
My favourite thing about this delicious Chocolate Coconut And Lime Tart is just how easy to make. And I love the colours of the lime filling too! I added food colouring but that’s optional. Also, can we just talk about how delicious and textured the crust is? I love chocolate, so this is a no-brainer for me, but I love the addition of coconut in this tart!
What does it taste like?
I feel like the best way to tell you how good this tart tastes is to break down the flavours and textures.
Chocolate Crust – the texture from the coconut is what I love about the crust on this tart. It’s so yum! And chocolate… I mean, c’mon. It’s chocolate! I also love that this is sweetened and set using chocolate instead of butter.
Lime Cheesecake – I love how deliciously tangy and zesty the filling is. Before I tried this recipe out, I had never experienced the delicious wonders of lime and chocolate together. I guess chocolate and orange goes well together, so why not another citrusy fruit. Or all citrus fruits!
What are the ingredients I need?
Butter – I used unsalted butter for this recipe.
Dark Chocolate – I used dark cooking chocolate for this recipe
Shredded coconut – I used sweetened coconut for this recipe but you can use unsweetened if you prefer. You’re already getting sweetness from the dark chocolate.
Cream cheese – I used clock cream cheese. The spreadable kind will not work here.
Lime – Limes! I used fresh limes of course!
Sweetened condensed milk – this helps make the filling sweet but also creamier.
Vanilla extract – Always use good quality vanilla extract.
Food colouring – This is optional. I used green and yellow food gel. The Americolor brand
Other Recipes You Might Like!
- Blueberry and Lime Cheesecake
- Lemon Lime Cheesecake Cupcakes
- Coconut Lime Cupcakes
- Strawberry Mango Margarita Cupcakes
I hope you guys enjoyed this simple but delicious recipe with me. Please comment in the comments section below, or feel free to share with your family and friends on social media.
I’ll see you all on the following recipe. Happy baking!
Coconut Lime Tart
Chocolate And Coconut Base
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup (130 g) dark chocolate
- 3 cups (280 g) sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 blocks (500 g) cream cheese
- 6 limes
- 1 can (300 ml) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 drop green food gel
- 1 drop yellow food gel
Learn How To Make it! [VIDEO]
Chocolate And Coconut Base
- Preheat your oven to 165°C / 325°F.
- Add the chocolate and butter into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 20 seconds at a time, stirring each time until smooth.
- Add the coconut into a large mixing bowl. Pour the melted chocolate mixture and use a spatula to mix until the coconut is evenly coated.
- Transfer the coconut mixture into a 2-inch deep 9-inch round tart tin with removable lid and use the back of a spoon to press firmly against the edges and bottom, making sure it’s evenly distributed. Bake for 15 minutes. Take out of the oven and allow to cool.
- While the tart base is cooling, begin making the cheesecake mixture by adding the cream cheese and lime juice into a large microwave safe bowl. Mix on low speed to begin with, then up to medium high until mixture is smooth and evenly mixed.
- Next, add the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, and (optional) the food gels. Mix on high speed until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into your cooled tart base and chill in the fridge for 2 hours. Garnish with slices of limes and lime zest before serving.
- Garnish with slices of limes and lime zest before serving.