Coconut Lime Cupcakes
Oh coconut and lime, you are so divine! Lime vanilla cupcakes with coconut frosting, sprinkled with lime zest and coconut, finished with a lime wedge.
Coconut Lime Cupcakes
- 3 1/2 cups plain flour all-purpose
- 1 1/4 cups caster sugar superfine
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups full-cream milk whole
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt or sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 3 limes 1 zested in batter, 1 zested on top and 1 cut into wedges
- 1 cup Lime curd use my lemon curd recipe but replace the lemon with limes
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- 1/2 cup desiccated unsweetened coconut
- 1 batch fluffy buttercream frosting
- Preheat oven to 160C
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the dry ingredients. Turn mixer on low and allow it to mix for a couple minutes.
- Next combine all of the wet ingredients (except the butter) in a large jug and whisk well.
- Add softened butter into dry ingredients and mix until the batter appears grainy with a sand-like texture to it. Next, add wet ingredients in a slow and steady stream to the bowl until no dry ingredients are visible. Scrape down the bowl and mix for another 20 seconds.
- Zest 1 lime into the mixture along with green and yellow food gel and fold in gently.
- Bake for 20 min or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- While cupcakes are baking and cooling prepare your buttercream frosting by adding coconut essence in a large mixing bowl with frosting and mix well.
- Use an apple corer or a sharp knife to create a hole in the centre of the cupcake and fill with lime zest
- Frost your cupcakes using an open star tip in a swirl. Finish off with a generous zest of coconut and lime zest. Pop a wedge on the side.
- Any questions, or if I've left something out, feel free to ask!
Cupcakes can be stored in an airtight container for up to three days.
Calories : 193kcal
Saturated Fat: 9g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g
Monounsaturated Fat : 0.1g
Trans Fat : 0.1g
Potassium : 52mg
Sugar : 1g
Vitamin A: 174IU
Vitamin C: 3mg
Iron: 1mgNutrition Disclosure