Coconut Lime Cupcakes
Coconut Lime Cupcakes! Oh coconut and lime, you are so divine! Lime vanilla cupcakes with coconut frosting, sprinkled with lime zest and coconut, finished with a lime wedge.
Coconut Lime Cupcakes
Lime vanilla cupcakes with coconut frosting, sprinkled with lime zest and coconut, finished with a lime wedge.
- 3 1/2 cups (430 g) plain flour all-purpose
- 1 1/4 cups (265 g) caster sugar superfine
- 3 tsp (3 tsp) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (1/2 tsp) fine salt
- 1/2 cup (125 g) unsalted butter softened
- 2 large (2 large) eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) full-cream milk whole
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (2 tbsp) Greek yoghurt or sour cream
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 3 (3) limes 1 zested in batter, 1 zested on top and 1 cut into wedges
- 1 cup (250 ml) Lime curd use my lemon curd recipe but replace the lemon with limes
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) coconut extract
- 1/2 cup (1/2 cup) desiccated unsweetened coconut
- 1 batch (1 batch) fluffy buttercream frosting
Learn How To Make it! [VIDEO]
- Preheat oven to 160C
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the dry ingredients. Turn mixer on low and allow it to mix for a couple minutes.
- Next combine all of the wet ingredients (except the butter) in a large jug and whisk well.
- Add softened butter into dry ingredients and mix until the batter appears grainy with a sand-like texture to it. Next, add wet ingredients in a slow and steady stream to the bowl until no dry ingredients are visible. Scrape down the bowl and mix for another 20 seconds.
- Zest 1 lime into the mixture along with green and yellow food gel and fold in gently.
- Bake for 20 min or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- While cupcakes are baking and cooling prepare your buttercream frosting by adding coconut essence in a large mixing bowl with frosting and mix well.
- Use an apple corer or a sharp knife to create a hole in the centre of the cupcake and fill with lime zest
- Frost your cupcakes using an open star tip in a swirl. Finish off with a generous zest of coconut and lime zest. Pop a wedge on the side.
- Any questions, or if I've left something out, feel free to ask!
Cupcakes can be stored in an airtight container for up to three days.
Calories : 193kcal
Saturated Fat: 9g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g
Monounsaturated Fat : 0.1g
Trans Fat : 0.1g
Potassium : 52mg
Sugar : 1g
Vitamin A: 174IU
Vitamin C: 3mg
Iron: 1mgNutrition Disclosure
Gave this recipe a go?Mention @thescranline or tag #thescranline!
Hi cake genius!
Can i substitute sour cream/yogurt with mayonnaise?? Cos from where i live (Sol. Islands), we dont have sour cream and yogurt isn’t always in shops.
Would really like to try.
Hi Priss! Hmm, I’ve heard mayo can be something you can bake with, I’m just not sure if it will work with this recipe as I’ve never tried it! Nx