Looking for an easy chocolate cupcake recipe? Well, I’ve got one for you! My chocolate cupcakes, are perfect for those chocolate lovers who need to satisfy their chocolate cravings, they’re easy to make and they taste amazing!
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
- 3/4 cups unsalted butter softened
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 3/4 cups whole milk
- 1 batch chocolate-flavoured American buttercream frosting or Swiss meringue buttercream frosting.
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 140°C / 275°F or a conventional oven to 160°C / 320°F. Line a cupcake tin with brown cupcake liners.
- Add the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt to a
large mixing bowl. Mix on low speed with a hand mixer until combined.
- Next, add the softened butter and continue mixing on low speed until
the mixture reaches a crumbly, sand-like texture.
- Add the eggs and milk and mix again on low speed until all the dry
ingredients are incorporated. Scrape down the side of the bowl and
mix for a final 20 seconds.
- Fill each liner just below three-quarters of the way. Using an
ice-cream scoop to transfer the batter to the cupcake liners makes
this a quick and easy process, and ensures each liner contains
exactly the same amount of batter and that the cupcakes will bake
evenly. Bake for 40–50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in
the centre of a cupcake comes out clean. Allow the cupcakes to cool
completely on a wire rack before frosting.
- These cupcakes are perfectly paired with my vanilla or chocolate flavoured buttercream frosting. Fit the end of a piping bag with whichever piping tip you like and frost a swirl on top. Sprinkle with sprinkles!
Cupcakes can be stored in an airtight container for up to three days.
Calories : 313kcal
Saturated Fat: 10g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
Monounsaturated Fat : 1g
Trans Fat : 1g
Potassium : 136mg
Sugar : 24g
Vitamin A: 520IU
Vitamin C: 1mg
Iron: 2mgNutrition Disclosure