Chipotle Mayonnaise Sauce Recipe
This Chipotle Mayonnaise Sauce Recipe is the spicy bold kick you’ve been looking to add to your next recipe! Add it to burgers, tacos and sandwiches for a delicious tang.
Typically made with Adobo sauce (mine is made with chipotle seasoning), it’s a creamy, smoky and spicy sauce that is really easy to make and whips up in seconds.
If you’re looking for some more sauce recipes, start with my home made Whole Egg Mayonnaise recipe which is so creamy and can be used for this recipe, my delicious Tartare Sauce is a must make too!
Ways to use Chipotle Mayonnaise!
- Tacos – I have a great Crispy Chicken Tacos Recipe on the blog that this pairs with perfectly.
- Burgers – goes well with fish, chicken or beef!
- Sandwiches – spice up your sandwich with this tasty tangy sauce!
- Salads – drizzle it on top as a garnish or toss your salad ingredients in it instead of a classic vinaigrette.
- Dipping sauce – for meatballs or French fries!
- On top of baked potatoes!
Tools you’ll need!
- Measuring spoons
- Squeeze bottle! This is the ideal storing solution for your chipotle mayo and the easiest way to use it too!
Ingredients To Make Chipotle Mayonnaise Sauce
Note: the whole recipe, including the ingredient quantities, can be found at the bottom of this page – just scroll down to the bottom, or click the ‘Jump to Recipe’ button at the top of this post.Jump to Recipe
- Mayonnaise – You can use store bought or make your own! Making your own is really easy and I have a great Whole-Egg Mayonnaise recipe here!
- Lime – fresh is always best!
- Salt – I used fine salt.
- Smoked paprika – sweet paprika will also work.
- Chili powder – Optional for those who don’t like chili, but you can
- Chipotle seasoning – I bought this in powder form from my local supermarket, but you can use Adobo chilis from a can. You can blitz the whole chilis or just use the sauce they’re in.
Tips and Tricks for the best Chipotle Mayonnaise!
- Make it spicier by adding more Adobo chilis.
- Make it vegan using vegan mayonnaise!
- Thin it out by adding a little milk to make a drizzly sauce!
Can you handle the heat?
Adobo sauce – this recipe is typically made with canned Adobo chilis in sauce or Adobo paste which results in a much spicier sauce and stronger flavor. Hey, if that’s your thing go for it! But I’m a “tricky tricky white boy” who can’t handle the heat and so I opted in for chipotle seasoning instead which is a much milder option. Purists would be shocked though.
Frequently Asked Questions about Chipotle Mayonnaise Sauce
How Do I Thin Out The Sauce?
Easy! Simply add a little milk, about 1 tbsp to thin out this sauce and turn it into a chipotle crema.
How Do I Store Chipotle Mayonnaise?
Store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week. I like to store mine in a squeeze bottle so that it’s ready to go!
Is Chipotle Mayonnaise Gluten Free?
Yep! If you’re using Adobo sauce or Adobo chilis, just be mindful that the brand you’re using is gluten free. If it is, this recipe is completely gluten free!
You can double this by simply doubling the ingredients!
Gave this a go? Don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below! Hungry for more? Join me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and TikTok for more great recipes!
If You Loved This Recipe, Check These Out!
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me @thescranline on Facebook and Instagram!
Chipotle Mayonnaise Sauce Recipe
Serves 8 people
- 1/2 cup (125 g) whole-egg mayonnaise homemade or store bought.
- 1 lime juiced
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder optional
- Pinch of chipotle seasoning mix or 1 tbsp of Adobo sauce from a can.
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix until well combined!
This lightly spicy sauce is ready in seconds! N x