Cookie Dough Cupcakes
Guys, I first tried cookie dough when I was little, we could buy it in logs. And I wasn’t really a fan tbh, but as an adult, after having tried it in a cupcake (in small doses) it’s just so delicious! This cookie dough recipe has no eggs in it!
Chocolate chip vanilla cupcakes filled with egg-free cookie dough with brown sugar buttercream frosting, topped with chocolate chips and a cookie wedge
Cookie Dough Cupcakes
- 3 1/2 cups plain flour all-purpose
- 1 1/4 cups caster sugar superfine
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk full-cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt or sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 cup choc chips milk, dark or white for batter
- 1/2 cup choc chips milk, dark or white for decorating
- 24 choc chip cookies
- 1/2 cup white chocolate melted
- 1 Batch American buttercream frosting
- 3 tbsp molasses (mixed together)
- 1 cup choc chips milk, dark or white for cookie dough
- 1/2 cup soften butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2-4 tbsp milk you might not need all of the milk
- Cream butter and sugar until it becomes pale and creamy. Stir in vanilla and 2 tablespoons of milk. Mix in salt and flour, add more milk if needed. Gently Stir in chips. Enjoy. Store leftovers in refrigerator in an airtight container or sandwich zip lock bag for up to two weeks.
- Preheat your oven to 160C
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the dry ingredients. Turn mixer on low and allow it to mix for a couple minutes. Add the softened butter and let it mix until it resembles a fine sand like texture.
- Next combine all milk, eggs, yogurt, oil and vanilla extract in a large jug and whisk well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients in a slow and steady stream until no dry ingredients are visible. Scrape down the bowl and mix for another 20 seconds. Gently fold in choc chips into batter until they’re in the batter well.
- Fill each paper 3/4 of the way (using an ice cream scoop to transfer the batter into the cupcake liners makes this a quick and easy process otherwise you can use two tablespoons). Bake for 20-25 min or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow them to cool completely on a cooling rack before frosting.
- While your cupcakes are baking, and cooling use a small spoon to drizzle melted white chocolate across your chocolate chip cookies. Set them aside to set or place them in the fridge to harden if it’s a warm day.
- To frost, fill a piping bag with brown sugar buttercream frosting fitted with a French star tip. Frost in a swirl motion as demonstrated in the video. Sprinkle some choc chips on top and place a cookie wedge in the side!