Drag Queen Cupcakes
I love a good queen henny! Drag queen that is. And that’s what these cupcakes are inspired by! And guys, musk is actually a really nice flavour. If you can find it, give it a go. It doesn’t taste like sweat lol. It’s really yum!
Drag Queen Cupcakes
Drag queen inspired musk and vanilla flavoured cupcakes with Persian fairy floss.
- 3 1/2 cups (430 g) plain flour all-purpose
- 1 1/4 cups (265 g) caster sugar superfine
- 3 tsp (3 tsp) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (1/2 tsp) fine salt
- 1/2 cup (125 g) unsalted butter softened
- 2 large (2 large) eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) full-cream milk whole
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (2 tbsp) Greek yoghurt or sour cream
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) vanilla extract vanilla bean paste
- 2 drops (2 drops) musk essence or any other essence of your choosing (optional)
- Persian Fairy Floss I used pistachio green. You may use any flavor you like
- 5 drops (5 drops) of Americolour Deep Pink food gel
- Pink or Blue Edible non-toxic glitter
- Silver candy balls to decorate
- 1 batch (1 batch) American Buttercream Frosting
- 4 drops (4 drops) of Americolour Electric Blue food gel
Learn How To Make it! [VIDEO]
- Preheat your oven to 180C (356F) or 160C (320F) for a fan forced oven. Line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the flour, baking powder, caster sugar and salt. Turn mixer on low speed and allow it to mix for a couple minutes to help everything combine well (alternatively you may do this by sifting the ingredients together). Add the softened butter and let it mix until it resembles a fine sand like texture.
- Next, add milk, eggs, yogurt, oil and vanilla extract in a large jug and whisk well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients in a slow and steady stream until no dry ingredients are visible. Scrape down the bowl, add pink food dye and musk essence, and mix for another 20 seconds or until evenly coloured (you may need to scrape down the bowl one more time to ensure all the batter is evenly coloured).
- Fill each cupcake liner 3/4 of the way (using an ice cream scoop to transfer the batter into the cupcake liners makes this a quick and easy process otherwise you can use two tablespoons). Bake for 20-25 min or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow them to cool completely on a wire cooling rack before frosting.
- While your cupcakes are baking, and cooling prepare your frosting by adding the blue food gel to it and mix until well combined.
- To frost your cupcakes fit the end of your piping bag with a Wilton 6B star tip. Frost in a donut swirl as demonstrated in the video. Using a pair of tweezers (easiest way to do this) place the small silver candy balls on the side of the frosting. Use a paint brush to sprinkle glitter around the frosting.
- Finish off with a generous dollop of Persian fairy floss right before serving. Persian fairy floss will melt within 10 min especially if in a warm environment.
Cupcakes can be stored in an airtight container for up to three days.
Calories : 177kcal
Saturated Fat: 8g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g
Monounsaturated Fat : 0.1g
Trans Fat : 0.1g
Potassium : 30mg
Sugar : 1g
Vitamin A: 169IU
Vitamin C: 0.1mg
Iron: 1mgNutrition Disclosure