Fairy Bread Cupcakes
Fairy Bread Cupcakes! Fairy bread is an Australian kids staple. I have memories of coming home from school to fresh fairy bread. It’s so yum and simple. Fresh sliced bread, butter or margarine and rainbow sprinkles! These cupcakes are covered in just as many sprinkles as you’d find on the real thing!
Fairy Bread Cupcakes
Funfetti or sprinkle covered vanilla cupcakes inspired by fairy bread.
- 3 1/2 cups (430 g) plain flour all-purpose
- 1 1/4 cups (265 g) caster sugar superfine
- 3 tsp (3 tsp) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (1/2 tsp) fine salt
- 1/2 cup (125 g) unsalted butter softened
- 2 large (2 large) eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) full-cream milk whole
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (2 tbsp) Greek yoghurt or sour cream
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) vanilla extract vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup (1 cup) 100’s & thousands rainbow caviar sprinkles
- 1 batch (1 batch) Marshmallow Frosting
- 1 cup (170 g) sprinkles
Learn How To Make it! [VIDEO]
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 160C (320F) or 180C (356F) for a conventional oven. Line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the flour, baking powder, caster sugar and salt. Turn mixer on low speed and allow it to mix for a couple minutes to help everything combine well (alternatively you may do this by sifting the ingredients together). Add the softened butter and let it mix until it resembles a fine sand like texture.
- Next, add milk, eggs, yogurt, oil and vanilla extract in a large jug and whisk well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients in a slow and steady stream until no dry ingredients are visible. Scrape down the bowl, add sprinkles and mix for another 5 seconds.
- Fill each cupcake liner 3/4 of the way (using an ice cream scoop to transfer the batter into the cupcake liners makes this a quick and easy process otherwise you can use two tablespoons). Sprinkle with more sprinkles.
- Bake for 20-25 min or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow them to cool completely on a wire cooling rack before frosting.
- Core the centre of each cupcake and fill with sprinkles. Fit the end of a piping bag with a medium round tip and fill with marshmallow frosting. Frost each cupcake with a swirl of marshmallow frosting. Finish by coating in sprinkles.
Cupcakes can be stored in an airtight container for up to three days.
Calories : 210kcal
Saturated Fat: 8g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g
Monounsaturated Fat : 0.1g
Trans Fat : 0.1g
Potassium : 30mg
Sugar : 7g
Vitamin A: 169IU
Iron: 1mgNutrition Disclosure
Gave this recipe a go?Mention @thescranline or tag #thescranline!