Healthy Chicken Caesar Salad
One of my all time favourite salads! Chicken Caesar! The catch with this one though is that it’s a Healthy Skinny Chicken Caesar Salad. There’s a reason this salad is popular, because it’s absolutely scrumptious! The problem is, this salad has a reputation for causing your pants to get right. But my skinny version of this salad has all the flavour, minus the guilt!
Crispy lettuce and bacon, perfectly boiled eggs, creamy (skinny) dressing and avocado with delicious parmesan cheese! Your mouth watering yet?
Nicks favourite thing about this Healthy Skinny Chicken Caesar Salad!
I love me a good chicken casear salad. Although it doesn’t have the best reputation for being healthy. I mean carbs, creamy dressing and breaded chicken? Mine takes the skinny approach. Meaning it’s much miuch healthier with grilled chicken, avocado (good fats) and Greek yogurt dressing! I’d have to say, it tastes just as good, in my opinion, better and just as satisfying!
What does it taste like?
Delicious! Tangy from the yogurt dressing, filling because of the chicken and avocado, crispy because of the greens and salty from the anchovy fillets (optional). I mean, the way a Caesar salad is supposed to taste.
What are the ingredients I need to make this Healthy Skinny Chicken Caesar Salad?
Ciabatta Bread – or any type of bread!
Chicken breasts – try to use fresh when possible. Alternatively you can use chicken thigh or tenders.
Garlic powder – or freshly minced garlic.
Parsley – dried or fresh!
Salt – I used fine salt.
Streaky bacon – or any type of bacon you like!
Eggs – I used large eggs.
Lettuce – I used baby cos lettuce. But any type of lettuce will work.
Avocado – fresh and ready!
Parmesan cheese – always freshly shave your parmesan if you can!
Greek yogurt – I use the Farmers union brand here in Australia. You can use your fave brand of skinny Greek yogurt too!
Olive oil – I used extra virgin olive oil.
Anchovy – these are optional but add a hit of saltiness and flavour to the salad.
Lemon – always use fresh lemon juice when possible!
My Top Tips!
Salad should be eaten the day it’s made. Each ingredient can be prepared a day ahead of time and then put together before it’s served. If you’re not afraid of slightly soggy croutons and lettuce then this can be stored in an airtight container for up to one day.
Grilling The Chicken
Make sure when cooking the chicken that it reaches 75C / 165F. That will ensure it’s safe to eat. You can use a meat or candy thermometer to help you determine the temperature.
To make this even skinnier!
Instead of making your own croutons, replace them with walnuts! Way less carbs and they’re full of good fats for your brain!
To make this vegetarian
Replace the chicken with tofu, or leave it out altogether!
Other Recipes You Might Like!
- Oven Baked Fish Fingers
- Smoked Salmon Quiche
- Smoked Salmon Quiche
- Greek Lamb Burgers
- Greek Slow Roasted Lamb
Make sure to follow me on social media!
I hope you guys enjoyed this simple but delicious recipe with me. Please comment in the comments section below, or feel free to share with your family and friends on social media.
I’ll see you all on the following recipe. Happy baking!
Healthy Skinny Chicken Caesar Salad
- 3 slices ciabatta bread or any good heavy bread
- 4 chicken breasts skinless and boneless
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp dried parsley flakes
- Pinch salt
- 4 slices streaky bacon
- 3 free-range eggs boiled
- 2 baby cos lettuce washed/dried and chopped
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 anchovy fillets chopped
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- Salt and pepper to season
- Roughly chop the ciabatta loaf into cubes and place on a baking tray. Drizzle with 1 tsp olive oil and bake on 180°C / 355°F for 15 minutes or until golden. Take out of the oven and allow to cool.
- Add the eggs to a pot. Fill with enough water to cover the eggs. Place on high heat. Once the water begins to boil, set a timer for 3 minutes. Take off the heat, run under cold water, then peel. Slice in half and set aside.
- Add bacon to a hot frypan and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Discard the fat, wipe down the frypan and place back on high heat.
- Add the garlic powder, salt and parsley flakes into a bowl with the sliced chicken and mix to coat.
- Add 1 tsp olive oil to the hot frypan and add chicken. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 75°C / 165°F. Place on a plate and allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing up into large pieces.
Skinny Caesar Dressing
- Add the yogurt, olive oil, garlic, anchovy, lemon and seasoning and mix until well combined.
- Add the chopped cos lettuce into a large salad bowl along with the chicken, dressing, parmesan cheese, croutons, bacon and mix to coat. Then place in the serving bowls. Add 2 anchovies on top, along with the egg slices and avocado slices. Serve.