Pupcakes – Dog Friendly Cupcakes
Families come in all shapes and sizes. Two-legged and four-legged! In 2019 we adopted a little Spoodle puppy named Oscar. To celebrate his birthday, I decided to create these pup safe pupcakes, dog friendly cupcakes. We’re really strict with Oscar’s diet. He can get an upset tummy quite easily, so I wanted to make sure the ingredients we used were ok for him. These pupcakes are packed full of his favorite things, cheese, carrot, pumpkin, and bananas!
Nick’s favorite thing…
My favorite things about these Pupcakes – Dog Friendly Cupcakes are how much Oscar loved them. He went nuts for them. He has a very steady diet. He’s got a very sensitive tummy, so we don’t give him things like this but once a year is perfect for him!
These are honestly the funniest way to celebrate the birth of your four-legged friend!
Please note: this recipe makes 12 pupcakes. They can be frozen and thawed a couple hours before feeding to your dog, but they’re also a great pup birthday party treat for all your puppies friends too!
What do Pupcakes – Dog Friendly Cupcakes taste like?
Well, I haven’t tasted these because they’re for dogs, but they are edible by humans too. I’d imagine they taste more savory than sweet as the only thing sweetening them is the banana.
What are the ingredients I need for Pupcakes – Dog Friendly Cupcakes?
Whole wheat flour – all-purpose or plain flour is not good for dogs. Use whole wheat instead.
Rolled oats – I used regular rolled oats. Quick oats will also work in this recipe.
Baking powder – this will help the pupcakes rise.
Pumpkin purée – You can use the canned stuff or make it yourself.
Carrot – dogs love carrots! This is in here for added flavor and texture.
Vegetable oil – I used regular vegetable oil in this recipe.
Eggs – I used large eggs in this recipe.
Bananas – these are the only thing that sweetened the pupcakes. Sugar is poisonous to dogs.
Cream cheese – I used block cream cheese.
Peanut butter – dogs love peanut butter! This is in the frosting to help flavour it. I would use natural peanut butter that has no sugar in it.
Dog treats – I bought these from my local pet supply store.
Make sure to follow me on social media!
I hope you guys enjoyed this simple but delicious Pupcakes – Dog Friendly Cupcakes recipe with me. Please comment in the comments section below, or feel free to share with your family and friends on social media.
I’ll see you all on the following recipe. Happy baking!
Pupcakes - Cupcakes For Dogs
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 block cream cheese
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 12 bone shaped dog treats
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 140°C (275°F)or a conventional oven to 160°C (320°F). Line a cupcake tin with silver lined cupcake liners.
- Add the flour, rolled oats and baking powder to a large mixing bowl. Use a whisk to mix until well combined.
- Add the eggs, oil, mashed bananas and mashed pumpkin into the bowl and mix using a spatula until well combined. Then add the grated carrot and mix to combine.
- Use a scoop to scoop the mixture into the cupcake liners. Bake for 20 minutes. Allow pupcakes to cool completely.
- To make the frosting add the room temperature cream cheese and peanut butter into a large mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer or a spatula to mix the ingredients together.
- Fit the end of a piping bag with an open star tip. Frost a swirl of frosting on top of each pupcake and finish with a doggy bone treat.