Cookie Butter Cupcakes
Cookie butter cupcakes, filled with cookie butter, topped with cookie butter frosting, drizzled with melted cookie butter and sprinkles with crushed Speculaas cookies.
Cookie Butter Cupcakes
- 3 1/2 cups plain flour all-purpose
- 1 1/4 cups caster sugar superfine
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups full-cream milk whole
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt or sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract vanilla bean paste
- 250 g melted not hot cookie butter + extra to drizzle
- 250 g roughly chopped speculoos cookies
- 1 batch fluffy buttercream frosting
- 3 tbsp melted not hot cookie butter
- Preheat your oven to 180C 356F or 160C (320F) for a fan forced oven. Line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- Preheat your oven to 180C (356F) or 160C (320F) for a fan forced oven. Line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the flour, baking powder, caster sugar and salt. Turn mixer on low speed and allow it to mix for a couple minutes to help everything combine well (alternatively you may do this by sifting the ingredients together). Add the softened butter and let it mix until it resembles a fine sand like texture.
- Next, add milk, eggs, yogurt, oil and vanilla extract in a large jug and whisk well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients in a slow and steady stream until no dry ingredients are visible. Scrape down the bowl, add ½ cup cookie butter and mix for another 20 seconds.
- Fill each cupcake liner 3/4 of the way (using an ice cream scoop to transfer the batter into the cupcake liners makes this a quick and easy process otherwise you can use two tablespoons). Sprinkle the top of each cupcake liner with a generous amount of crushed cookies. Bake for 20-25 min or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow them to cool completely on a wire cooling rack before frosting.
- To prepare cookie butter frosting combine frosting and cookie butter together.
- Core the centre of each cupcake and fill with cookie butter
- Fit the end of a piping bag a Wilton 1M tip and frost in a swirl. Drizzle melted cookie butter. Finish off with a sprinkle of cookies.
Cupcakes can be stored in an airtight container for up to three days.
Calories : 177kcal
Saturated Fat: 8g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g
Monounsaturated Fat : 0.1g
Trans Fat : 0.1g
Potassium : 30mg
Sugar : 1g
Vitamin A: 169IU
Vitamin C: 0.1mg
Iron: 1mgNutrition Disclosure