A passionfruit pavlova? Yes please! Tart and sour passionfruit teamed with fluffy dollops of freshly whipped cream and marshmallow-like meringue with a super cute meringue crown! So delicious and perfect for your next family get-together!
Nick’s favorite thing…
I love the crown on top. I think it adds a bit of flair. Ut above all, I love the pavlova curd on top of this pavlova. Similar to lemon curd, it soaks in the passionfruit flavor really well!
What does passionfruit pavlova taste like?
The pavlova is crispy on the outside, marshmallow-like on the inside. The passionfruit curd on top packs a huge passionfruit flavor punch. The meringue crown on top ads flair!
What are the ingredients I need for passionfruit pavlova?
Eggs – to make the meringue you’ll need the egg whites. Keep the yolks because you’ll use them for the passionfruit curd. When separating the eggs, make sure you don’t get yolks in the whites otherwise your meringue will not whip up properly.
Caster sugar – also known as superfine sugar.
Cornflour – also known as corn starch.
White vinegar – this is used to help stabilize the egg whites and help them whip up better. You won’t taste it in the pavlova.
Yellow food gel – I used Americolor food gel. A little goes a long way!
Milk – I used cow’s milk but you can use almond or soy milk (not skim or low fat)
Passionfruit syrup & pulp – for this recipe it’s best to use real passionfruit pulp. It’s the star of the show. But if you can’t get access to real passionfruit then canned passionfruit syrup is the next best thing. Or even frozen passionfruit pulp.
My Top Tips!
- Make sure you let the pavlova cool down in the oven!
- Do not open up the oven door while the pavlova is baking.
- Frozen or fresh passionfruit pulp will work for this recipe, but as usual, fresh is best.
Other Yummy Recipes You Might Like!
- Fairy Bread Pavlova – such a yummy and fun rainbow pavlova!
- Strawberry Pavlova – A delicious celebration of strawberries with yummy pavlova!
- Mini Raspberry pavlova – drunken raspberries on top of mini pavlovas.
- Passionfruit Meringue Tart – Delicious, rich and easy to make!
- Passionfruit And Chocolate Tart – so decadent and delicious!
I hope you guys enjoyed this simple but delicious passionfruit pavlova recipe with me. Please comment in the comments section below, or feel free to share with your family and friends on social media.
I’ll see you all on the following recipe. Happy baking!
- 8 (240 g) egg whites
- 2 cups (430 g) caster sugar
- 2 tsp corn flour/starch
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 drops yellow food gel
- 8 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup (55 g) caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) passionfruit syrup
- 1 cup (250 ml) heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 fresh passionfruit (pulp)
Learn How To Make it! [VIDEO]
- Preheat the oven to 150°C / 300°F. Draw a 21cm circle on a sheet of baking paper. Place the baking paper, circle side down, on a baking tray. Draw a 18cm circle on another piece of baking paper and then draw a 10cm circle in the centre of that. Turn upside down. Set aside.
- Add your egg whites into a large mixing bowl. Use an electric hand mixer to whip them to soft peaks. Then add the sugar 1 tbsp at a time until it’s all incorporated. Adding it slowly will allow it to dissolve into the egg mixture.
- Continue whipping on high speed until the meringue becomes thick and glossy.
- Add the sifted corn flour and white vinegar and mix for 30seconds. Scrape down the bowl and mix for another 30 seconds.
- Add one spatula of the meringue into a small bowl. Add yellow food gel and fold in using a spoon until evenly coloured.
- Add the yellow meringue and some white meringue into two separate piping bags fitted with an open star tip.
- Dab each corner of both baking trays with meringue mixture and stick the baking paper to the baking tray.
- Pipe a ring of little meringue blobs on top of the baking paper with the donut shape. Set aside.
- Spoon the rest of the meringue mixture onto the baking tray with the circle. Use a spatula to shape into a circle.
- Place both trays in the oven and turn temp down to 120°C / 250°F. Bake for 1 hour and allow to cool in the oven. DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN at any moment!!! Otherwise, your pavlova will collapse.
- For the Passionfruit custard, whisk the egg yolks, passion fruit syrup, milk, vanilla and sugar together. Microwave for 1 minute at a time, whisking each time until mixture thickens. Allow to cool completely.
- Beat the cream and vanilla in a bowl until firm peaks form.
- Place meringue base on a serving plate. Spread an even thin layer of passionfruit custard on top and then add cream on top. Top with the wreath and drizzle fresh passionfruit pulp over everything.