Funfetti Brownie And Cookie Dough Cake
My Funfetti Brownie And Cookie Dough Cake is simply delicious. Imagine fudgy layers of choc chip cookie dough and dense chocolatey brownies all made into one cake with chocolate ganache. I’ve just described this cake! This cake is fun, easy to make and if you’re into dense and fudgy cakes that really hit that chocolate and cookie dough spot, then this is the cake for you!
Nick’s favorite thing…
I love how fudgy this cake is. And those chocolate ganache swirls on top with maraschino cherries are so retro!
What does Cookie Dough Cake taste like?
Ok, let’s start with the cookie dough layer. It’s safe to eat because it has no egg in it and the flour is baked which makes it extra safe to eat.
The brownie layer is so yum! It’s dense, chocolatey and so easy to make and bake.
The ganache is silky smooth, and brings everything together to make it an ultra indulgent dessert!
What are the ingredients I need for the Cookie Dough Cake?
All-purpose flour – also known as plain flour.
Cocoa – I used unsweetened cocoa powder.
Caster sugar – also known as superfine sugar.
Unsalted butter – you can use salted if you wish. Just be aware it will add salt to the recipe.
Dark chocolate – I used Nestle cooking buttons.
Eggs – I used large eggs.
Brown sugar – you can use dark or light sugar if you wish.
Vanilla Extract – Always use good quality vanilla extract when baking, it makes a huge difference. I have a great recipe here for it if you’d like to try your own!
Salt – I used fine salt.
Milk – you want to make sure it’s warm (room temp)
White chocolate chips – I used the nestle brand. But use whichever brand you like.
Rainbow sprinkles – I used rainbow jimmies.
Heavy cream – this is the type of cream you use for whipping.
Chocolate sauce – this recipe is an easy and yummy one-bowl recipe! Grab the recipe here!
My Top Tips!
- Make sure you don’t skip the baking the flour step! It makes eating the cookie dough safe to eat.
- Before putting the layers together, make sure you line the bottom and sides of the cake with plastic wrap. A lot of it. It’ll make taking the cake out of the tin easier. Alternatively, you can use a springform pan to make the cake.
- Funfetti Cookie Dough Truffles – I also turned this into little truffles!
- Cookie Dough Cheesecake – so delicious!
- Cookie Dough Cupcakes – a cookie dough treat in cupcake form!
- Delicious Cookie Dough Cake – a cake perfect for cookie monsters!
Instagram @thescranline, Facebook and watch and subscribe to my videos on YouTube!
I hope you guys enjoyed this simple but delicious Cookie Dough Cake recipe with me. Please comment in the comments section below, or feel free to share with your family and friends on social media.
I’ll see you all on the following recipe. Happy baking!
Funfetti Brownie And Cookie Dough Cake
- 3/4 cup (112 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (112 g) cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups (450 g) caster sugar
- 2 cups (450 g) unsalted butter
- 2 cups (450 g) dark chocolate
- 9 large eggs
Funfetti Cookie Dough
- 1 1/2 cups (375 g) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cups (480 g) brown sugar
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk, warmed
- 1 cup (200 g) white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (125 g) rainbow sprinkles
- 1/2 cup (125 g) chocolate sprinkles
- 1 1/2 cups (300 g) dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) heavy cream
- 1 cup (250 ml) chocolate sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 g) funfetti sprinkles
Learn How To Make it! [VIDEO]
- To make the ganache place the chocolate and cream into a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 20 seconds at a time, mixing each time until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside to set for about 3 hours. Alternatively, you may melt it using a double boiler. Fill a medium sized pot with 1/3 of the way with water. Bring to a boil. Place bowl with chocolate and cream over the top and gently mix until mixture is completely melted and smooth. To soften the ganache to spreading or piping consistency microwave for 10 seconds at a time, mixing each time with a large spatula until it reaches the right consistency. Allow to set at room temp.
- To finish the ganache, whip using an electric mixer on high speed until it doubles in size and goes a little paler in colour.
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 175C (340F). Spray three round 8-inch cake tins with non-stick cooking spray and lay the bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add chocolate, butter, cocoa powder and sugar to a microwave safe bowl.Microwave for 20 seconds at a time, mixing each time until smooth.
- Add the eggs and mix in using a whisk until well combined. Then add the flour and mix. Once you can’t see any flour stop mixing.
- Add the batter to the three baking tins and bake for 30 minutes. Once baked, allow to cool completely before taking out of the tins. To take out of the tins, carefully run a knife around the outside of the tins, turn the tin upside down and gently tap on your workbench.
Funfetti Cookie Dough
- Pre-heat the oven to 120C.Line a baking sheet with baking paper. Place the flour on top and bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Add the butter, sugar and vanilla into a large mixing bowl. Use an electric mixer to whip together until well combined, creamy and pale in colour.
- Add the warm milk and mix until well combined. Add the flour and mix until well combined. Lastly, add the white chocolate chips, rainbow sprinkles and chocolate sprinkles and mix until well combined.
- Line an 8” (4-inch tall) cake tin with plastic wrap. It might even be easier to line it with a plastic shopping bag.
- Place the first layer of brownie in the bottom. Top with half the cookie dough. Use clean hands or the back of a tablespoon to press the cookie dough down firmly. Place the second brownie layer, followed by the second half of the cookie dough. Then place the final brownie layer on top. Place in the fridge for 2 hours.
- To take the cake out of the tin, turn it upside down and slowly wiggle it out of the tin. If it feels stuck in there, shake the cake up and down to encourage it to make its way out. Make sure you’re doing it over a table, so it doesn’t pop out onto the floor.
- Place the cake onto a serving dish and drizzle the chocolate sauce on top.
- Add the whipped ganache in a large microwave safe bag fitted with an open star tip. Pipe swirls of frosting on top of the cake. Finish with a generous sprinkle of rainbow sprinkles.
- Cake can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
There’s no flour in there cookie dough ingredients list.
Hi Naomi, sorry about that! The recipe has been fixed.
Hello! You have write: Pre-heat the oven to 120C.Line a baking sheet with baking paper. Place the flour on top and bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool. – but in ingredients for Funfetti Cookie Dough the flour is missing
Hi Maya! It’s since been added. Sorry about that! N x
How much flour in the edible cookie dough? Looks like it’s missing from the ingredients list. Thanks!
Hi Lucia! The Edible Cookie dough ingredients are in the ingredients list and the method in the instructions 🙂 Let me know if I’ve misunderstood your question or can help in any other way! N x
The flour amount is actually missing from the cookie dough ingredient list but all of the other ingredients are there. The instructions do say to add not but no amount is specified.
Hi Tiffany! Sorry about that. Have gone in and added that into the recipe card. Thanks so much for letting me know! N x