Yeah, the name wasn’t one I chose lol. But these Ultimate Slutty Brownies are just so incredibly decadent! Delicious choc chip cookie layer on the bottom, topped with double stuffed Oreos and then finished with a gorgeous, amazing brownie layer!
Sounds good right? That’s cos it is, and you should give these a go this weekend.
Nicks favourite thing…
Look, I didn’t name these brownies, ok? But I love them whatever they’re called! I love each layer. From the chocolate chip cookie layer to the Oreo layer. I love how that looks once these are sliced. And you guys should know me by now. I love chocolate! So, I can’t say no to a good brownie!
What does it taste like?
Let me break it down:
Cookie layer – I love the chocolate chips in this layer. And I love how chewy it is too!
Cookie layer – I love how the cream in between the Oreos looks once these bars are sliced. It’s an iconic part of how they look.
Brownie layer – the brownie layer is sweet, chocolatey and perfectly fudgy.
What are the ingredients I need?
Salted butter – I used salted butter for the cookie layer in this recipe and unsalted butter in brownies. You can use salted butter in the brownie layer too. Just leave out the salt.
Brown sugar – I used regular brown sugar. Dark or light will also work.
White sugar – I used granulated sugar in this recipe.
Eggs – I used large eggs.
Vanilla extract – Always use good quality vanilla extract. It makes such a big difference. Even in chocolate desserts.
Baking powder – This will help your cookie and brownie layer rise a little and stay light instead of too dense.
Salt – If using salted butter in the brownie layer, leave this out.
All-purpose flour – Also known as plain flour.
Chocolate chips – I used semi-sweet chocolate chips, also known as dark chocolate chips.
Cocoa powder – I used unsweetened cocoa powder.
Espresso powder – This is optional, but it helps elevate the chocolate layer in this recipe.
Oreos – This are so important in the recipe because they give it that iconic look when you slice into it. And it makes this dessert even more indulgent. I would use double stuffed Oreos if you want to be able to see more of the cream when you slice into the bars.
My Top Tips!
- I would use double stuffed Oreos when making this recipe.
- To get nice clean looking layers when cutting into it, carefully wipe your knife clean with each cut.
Other Recipes You Might Like!
- Blackberry Cheesecake brownie bars – so indulgent!
- Cookies & Cream Cheesecake Trifle – my classic brownie layer in the recipe.
Make sure to follow me on social media!
I hope you guys enjoyed this simple but delicious recipe with me. Please comment in the comments section below, or feel free to share with your family and friends on social media.
I’ll see you all on the following recipe. Happy baking!
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips]
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp espresso powder or 1 coffee shot
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 18 Double stuffed Oreos + 4 chopped
- Preheat your oven to 175°C (350°F). Spray a deep 22cm x 22cm (9x9 inch) square baking tin with oil spray and line with baking paper.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt into a bowl and use a whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Add the softened butter, brown sugar and white sugar into a large mixing bowl. Use an electric hand mixer to whip until pale in colour. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients along with the chocolate chips and use a rubber spatula to mix in until combined.
- Transfer the cookie dough mixture to your prepared baking tin and use clean hands to press down firmly until nice and flat and even.
- Add 16 double stuffed (regular Oreos will work too) on top of the cookie layer and set aside.
- To make the brownie layer add the cocoa powder, flour, espresso powder and baking powder into a large bowl and use a whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, add the melted butter, brown sugar, white sugar vanilla extract and eggs. Mix until really well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and use a rubber spatula to combine. Add the chocolate chips and fold in.
- Pour the brownie batter on top of your cookie and Oreo layer. Use an offset spatula to carefully smooth over the Oreos.
- Place in the oven and bake for 50-55minutes. Take out of the oven and allow to cool for 4 hours. Slicing these brownies up while they’re still or hot or even warm will be a disaster. They’ll just fall apart. Use the baking paper overhang to lift the brownies out of the oven. Use a large knife to slice up 4x4!
- If you want to take your slutty brownies even further, you could add a scoop of cookies and cream ice cream and drizzle some chocolate sauce on top!