Sundae Funday Cupcakes
Sundaes on a Sunday anyone? I just felt like making something cute and colorful with these Sundae Funday Cupcakes. That’s all. But isn’t it super cute though? Comment below and let me know!
What do Sundae Funday Cupcakes taste like?
These cupcakes start off with colorful vanilla flavored cupcakes, filled with lucky charm cereal, teal white chocolate ganache around the edges to help the lucky charm cereal marshmallows stick to the cupcakes, a scoop of pink and white swirled strawberry flavored buttercream made to look like a scoop of ice cream, a mini ice cream cone frosted with buttercream stuck on the side, topped with teal ganache, more frosting, and a maraschino cherry to finish it.
I hope you guys enjoyed this simple but delicious recipe with me. Please comment in the comments section below, or feel free to share with your family and friends on social media. I’ll see you all on the following recipe. Happy baking!
Sundae Funday Cupcakes
- 3 1/2 cups (430 g) plain all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups (265 g) caster superfine sugar
- 3 tsp (3 tsp) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (1/2 tsp) fine salt
- 1/2 cup (125 g) unsalted butter softened
- 2 (2) large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) full-cream whole milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (2 tbsp) Greek yoghurt or sour cream
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 4 (4) drops Americolor white food dye
- 2 (2) drops turquoise food dye
- x20 waffle ice cream cones
- coloured sprinkles
- 20 (20) maraschino cherries
- pink wafers cut into small triangles
- 20 (20) heart sprinkles
- lucky charm cereal
- 1 (1) batch fluffy vanilla buttercream frosting
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) raspberry or strawberry essence optional
- 3 (3) drops pink food gel
- 1 1/2 cups (300 g) white chocolate
- 1/4 cup (50 g) turquoise chocolate
- 1/3 cup (100 ml) heavy cream
- To make ganache add all ingredients into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 20 seconds at a time mixing each time until smooth. Transfer to a piping or zip lock bag.
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 160C (320F) or 180C (356F) for a conventional oven. Line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the flour, baking powder, caster sugar and salt. Turn mixer on low speed and allow it to mix for a couple minutes to help everything combine well (alternatively you may do this by sifting the ingredients together). Add the softened butter and let it mix until it resembles a fine sand like texture.
- Next, add milk, eggs, yogurt, oil and vanilla extract in a large jug and whisk well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients in a slow and steady stream until no dry ingredients are visible. Once all wet ingredients have been added, add white, green and blue food dye to batter. Scrape down the bowl and mix for another 20 seconds or until mixture is evenly coloured.
- Fill each cupcake liner 3/4 of the way (using an ice cream scoop to transfer the batter into the cupcake liners makes this a quick and easy process otherwise you can use two tablespoons).
- Bake for 20-25 min or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow them to cool completely on a wire cooling rack before frosting.
- To prepare frosting mix half the frosting with pink food dye and essence and mix until well combined. Add white frosting to a piping bag and add pink food dye to another piping bag. Frost the two colours in worms on top of each other alternating between the two. Shake the bowl up and down to get rid of any air bubbles. Place the bowl in the fridge for 30 min. To scoop the frosting out use a large ice cream scoop to scoop frosting out. Place on top of cupcake when ready to decorate.
Mini Ice Cream Cones
- Use a serrated knife to carefully cut cones into smaller cones. Fit the end of a piping bag with a small star tip and frost frosting on top and add a heart sprinkle on top. Sprinkle sprinkles on top and chill.
- To finish cupcake, core the centre and fill with lucky charm cereal. Pipe some ganache around the side sides of the cupcake and stick lucky charm marshmallows to it. Place a scoop of ice cream frosting on top. Drizzle some ganache on top of the ice cream frosting. Pipe a blob of vanilla frosting on top and finish off with a cherry on top!