Banana Split Cupcakes
Doesn’t this gorgeous banana milkshake flavoured cupcake look like something that belongs in a 50’s diner? Vanilla cupcakes with banana, buttercream frosting, sauce, cherries and chopped peanuts
Banana Split Cupcakes
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups caster sugar superfine
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk full-cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt or sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract vanilla bean paste
- 2-3 drops yellow food gel/dye
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 1 cup chocolate sauce
- Crushed peanuts to sprinkle
- 20 maraschino cherries
- 1 batch Fluffy Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- Preheat your oven to 180C (356F) or 160C (320F) for a fan forced oven. Line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the flour, baking powder, caster sugar and salt. Turn mixer on low speed and allow it to mix for a couple minutes to help everything combine well (alternatively you may do this by sifting the ingredients together). Add the softened butter and let it mix until it resembles a fine sand like texture.
- Next, add milk, eggs, yogurt, yellow food dye, oil and vanilla extract in a large jug and whisk well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients in a slow and steady stream until no dry ingredients are visible. Scrape down the bowl, add mashed banana, and mix for another 20 seconds.
- Fill each cupcake liner 3/4 of the way (using an ice cream scoop to transfer the batter into the cupcake liners makes this a quick and easy process otherwise you can use two tablespoons). Bake for 20-25 min or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow them to cool completely on a wire cooling rack before frosting.
- To finish off the cupcakes core the centre and fill with chocolate sauce. Fit the end of your piping tip with a 1M tip and frost the cupcakes in a swirl motion as demonstrated in the video. Drizzle chocolate sauce over the top. Drizzle from the top centre and let it make its own way down. Sprinkle with crushed peanuts and pop a cherry on top.
Cupcakes can be stored in an airtight container for up to three days
Calories : 231kcal
Saturated Fat: 8g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g
Monounsaturated Fat : 0.1g
Trans Fat : 0.1g
Potassium : 83mg
Sugar : 7g
Vitamin A: 198IU
Vitamin C: 0.1mg
Iron: 1mgNutrition Disclosure