Pecan Pie Bars
Pecan Pie Bars are the perfect balance of buttery shortbread base and a ‘gooey’ pecan filling on top that you can easy make, serve and eat with your hands! The best thing about these yummy, nutty bars are that they’re a fuss-free way to enjoy the classic pie version. In my opinion they’re easier to serve!
By the way, if you’re looking for some more fuss-free, easy yummy holiday treats to make then you can’t go past my S’mores Cookie Bars which are spiked with orange zest, my super cute Halloween Pumpkin Cookies filled with chocolate ganache or my melt in your mouth Pumpkin Mousse Bars
Why you’ll love Pecan Pie Bars!
Inspired by the classic Pecan Pie, this is a much easier version to make and frankly, easier to serve! Here’s some of my favorite things about these bars that I think you’ll love!
- Shortbread base – These delicious bars start with a buttery biscuit base that crumbles perfectly in your mouth.
- Topped with a fudgy pecan pie filling packed with pecans. Think rich brown sugar flavor.
- Pecans! I don’t know about you, but pecans have an almost ‘caramel’ flavor which just adds to the yummy brown sugar flavor of these bars!
Note: the whole recipe for the Pecan Pie Bars, including the ingredient quantities, can be found at the bottom of this page – just scroll down to the bottom, or click the ‘Jump to Recipe’ button at the top of this post.Jump to Recipe
Ingredients You Need To Make Pecan Pie Bars
- Flour – I used all-purpose flour.
- Brown sugar – brown sugar helps give the base and filling a deep sugar flavor. You can use light or dark in this recipe, both will work.
- Salt – I used fine salt. If using salted butter, leave the salt out of the base and pecan filling.
- Unsalted butter – Make sure your butter is softened for an easy shortbread making process. If using salted butter, leave out the salt.
- Pecans – Glorious nutty pecans! You can chop them or leave them whole. I prefer whole.
- Glucose syrup – also known as corn syrup, this helps keep everything together.
- Golden syrup – I used this because I didn’t have any maple syrup which is what the recipe actually calls for originally. But either will work!
- Eggs – I used large eggs.
- Vanilla Extract – Always use good quality vanilla extract when baking, it makes a huge difference. I have a great recipe here for it if you’d like to try your own!
How to make Pecan Pie Bars!
- Combine brown sugar, flour and salt
- Add butter and pecans and mix to form dough
- Press into the 9×12 inch cake tin.
- Bake until golden
- Combine brown sugar, flour and salt, glucose syrup, golden syrup, eggs and vanilla and mix
- Add pecans and stir through.
- Pour into cake tin and bake 40-50 minutes.
- Allow to cool, slice and serve!
Tips and Tricks For Recipe Success!
- Measure all your ingredients out before starting the recipe
- Make sure your butter is softened before starting. Your finger should make an indent without sinking or sliding into the butter.
- Line the bottom and sides of your baking tin with baking paper to make lifting these bars out easier.
- Once baked and before completely taking out of the tin, loosen the bars out of the tin by slowly lifting the baking paper overhang.
- You can use maple syrup instead of golden syrup.
- To get perfectly square bars, use a ruler to measure out 3-inch (7.5cm) squared. Measure along ewach side and then use your ruler to help guide your knife as you slice.
- Chill your bars before slicing to get nice
Frequently Asked Questions about Pecan Pie Bars
What do they taste like?
Pecan pie bars have a buttery shortbread crust and a brown sugar pecan filling that is gooey and fudgy.
How do I store these bars?
Store these in an airtight container for up to 4-5 days in the fridge.
Can I turn this into a pie?
You totally could turn this into a pie. Although, I’d recommend turning it into a tart. You would need to blind bake the crust first, then make half the filling recipe and bake the same way as these bars!
Can you make Pecan Pie Bars in advance?
Yes! This is a great recipe for making in advance! You can make these up to 4 days in advance and they get fudgy-er with every day!
Can you freeze these pecan pie bars?
Yep! Wrap tightly in plastic and freeze in zip lock bags. Unwrap before thawing and serve!
Yep! I mean, it wouldn’t be pecan pie without pecans, but you can use:
Gave this a go? Don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below! Hungry for more? Join me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and TikTok for more great recipes!
Looking for more pie recipes? Check these out!
PERFECT Lemon Meringue Pie
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
Chocolate Pudding Pie
No-Bake Picnic Pie
Pecan Pie Bars
- 2 cups (300 g) all-purpose flour spoon and levelled
- 1/3 cup (65 g) brown sugar firmly packed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 sticks (230 g) unsalted butter softened
- 1/4 cup (30 g) pecans toasted and chopped
- 2/3 cup (130 g) brown sugar firmly packed
- 2/3 cup (100 g) all-purpose flour spoon and levelled
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) glucose syrup (see notes)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) golden syrup (see notes)
- 4 large eggs beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (120 g) pecans coarsely chopped toasted
Learn How To Make it! [VIDEO]
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 175C / 350F. Spray a 9 x 12-inch (22 x 30cm) baking tin with oil spray and line the top and sides with baking paper.
- Add the flour, brown sugar and salt in a large mixing bowl and mix. Add the butter and chopped pecans and mix on medium speed until a crumbly texture forms.
- Press the mixture into the cake tin and bake for 20 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Add the brown sugar, flour, and salt into a large mixing bowl. Whisk until well combined. Add the glucose syrup, golden syrup, eggs, and vanilla extract and mix until well combined. Add the pecans and stir through using a spatula.
- Add on top of the lightly baked crust and spread evenly. Bake for 50 minutes. Cool to room temperature then chill in the fridge for 3 hours or overnight. Use a large knife to slice up. Serve.
No glucose syrup and no corn syrup. Which substitute ?
Thank you !
Air lol. N x
So excited for you guys to try these out! N x