Halloween Chocolate Filled Pumpkin Cookies
Halloween chocolate filled pumpkin cookies! These super cute brown sugar cookies are such an adorable little Halloween or Thanksgiving treat. Covered in cinnamon sugar and filled with milk chocolate, they’d be a really great gift cookie for the holiday season! Oh! And these would be a really fun holiday kids baking activity too!
Nick’s favorite thing…
These gorgeous cookies are pure joy! When I made them, guys, I’ll admit, I ate all of them but 3 which I left for Anthony. It’s everything you love about warm fall spices coupled with chocolate. And they’re so fun to make too! I love how you can give them different facial expressions. It’s all up to your imagination!
The cookies are soft and buttery, sweetened with brown sugar, sandwiched with chocolate and covered in a gorgeous cinnamon sugar. Ugh! So addictive and so delicious too!
All–purpose flour – also known as plain flour.
Salt – I used fine salt.
Baking powder – This will help lighten the cookies and help them puff up a little.
Cinnamon – Gives the cookies a nice warmth.
Unsalted butter – You can use salted if you wish.
Brown sugar – This helps sweeten the cookies. Light or dark is fine.
Eggs – I used large eggs.
Caster sugar – also known as superfine sugar.
Hazelnut spread – ok, so I used the forbidden Nutella chocolate hazelnut spread. But you can use whichever brand you like. Any will work. Melted chocolate will even work too!
My Top Tips!
- Make sure you let the butter cool just a little before brushing on the cookies. And sprinkle the sugar on as soon as you brush them with butter to help them stick.
- Using a Stanley knife to cut out the little facial expressions is the best way to do it.
- Melted chocolate is also a great replacement for the hazelnut spread, but raspberry jam would be cool too!
Other Halloween Recipes You Might Like!
- Monster Mash Brownies – perfect kids treat!
- Meringue Ghost Halloween Cake – So cute and delicious!
- Trendy Halloween Pumpkin Cake – A 3D pumpkin cake that’s right on trend!
- Bubbling Cauldron Halloween Cake – A super impressive cauldron with real bubles!
- Pumpkin Patch Truffles – Delicious pumpkin bread pumpkin shaped truffles!
I hope you guys enjoyed this simple but delicious Halloween chocolate filled pumpkin cookies recipe with me. Please comment in the comments section below, or feel free to share with your family and friends on social media.
I’ll see you all on the following recipe. Happy baking!
Chocolate Filled Halloween Pumpkin Cookies
Brown Sugar Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup hazelnut spread
Learn How To Make it! [VIDEO]
Brown Sugar Cookies
- Add the flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon to a medium sized mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Add the butter, brown sugar and vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl and use an electric hand mixer to whip until pale and fluffy. About 5 minutes. Add the flour mixture and use a spatula to mix until well combined.
- Split the mixture into two and wrap in plastic wrap. Place in the fridge to rest for1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 175 °C / 350 °F. Line two baking trays with baking paper. Set aside.
- Dust your workbench and rolling pin with flour and roll the dough out. For this recipe you’ll need a pumpkin cookie cutter. Cut out as many cookies as you can. I got about 36 cookies.
- Place them onto the baking sheets and place in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Use a small knife or Stanley knife to cut out little smiles and eyes on half the cookies. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Brush the cookies with melted butter and sprinkle cinnamon sugar (1/2 cup sugar mixed with 1tsp cinnamon). Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Add a little bit of warmed hazelnut spread on the cookies with no face and spread out. Sandwich with the cookies that have a face. Add the remaining melted chocolate to a piping bag and fill the faces with chocolate.